GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and I have a question. Could someone give me the GM part number for the Tire Pressure Sensors for a 2010 Equinox? I have 17" Tires but that shouldn't change the part number of the sensors.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
alacazam2 said:
New to the forum and I have a question. Could someone give me the GM part number for the Tire Pressure Sensors for a 2010 Equinox? I have 17" Tires but that shouldn't change the part number of the sensors.

Thanks for the help!
You should be able to find it on GMPartsDirect.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried GMPartsDirect.com with NO luck. They want part numbers and will only quote prices on request. I didn't see anywhere on the website a place to look-up part numbers unless I am missing something.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
alacazam2 said:
I tried GMPartsDirect.com with NO luck. They want part numbers and will only quote prices on request. I didn't see anywhere on the website a place to look-up part numbers unless I am missing something.
I'm sorry - you are correct. Maybe call your dealer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
alacazam2 said:
12768826 - includes sensor, valve stem , mountign screw, and cap

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is the same part number for the 2011 Terrain?

·
Registered
368 Posts
OK, Tricia, if it's easy for you to do. I figure I'll need it sooner or later and wanted to hang on to the part number if it's the right one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Tricia look it up if you would. VIN is; 2CNALPEWXA6362486. I went to GMpartsdirect and entered the year,brand and model and received the 12768826 number but it also said that part number has been changed to 20922900. ???????? I just want to get the correct sensors for the vehicle with everything I need to have them installed.

Thanks for your help here.
alacazam2

·
Registered
715 Posts
The auto companies have had their share of problems with those sensors. The early ones (all metal) were quit brittle and broke off (and deflate the tire) if handled ruffly. BTDT.

When I bought new tires for my Grand Prix, the tire dealer insisted on putting re-enforcement sleeves on the sensors.
Hopefully, the latest version will be sturdy enough for a life time of use.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The Equinox and Terrain use the same part number tire pressure sensors. I recommend that you contact your local dealer for the correct number. Part numbers do supersede for various reasons. I hope this helps those of you with concerns. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi equinox owners. I have a 2010 equinox LTZ with 235/55R 18 with pressure sensors set for 35 psi . This winter I will be putting 17 inch winter tires 225/65R 17 on black steel rims with pressure sensors what psi should my tires be set at and if different from the 18 inch will the sensor know that. :help:

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
fruitman said:
Hi equinox owners. I have a 2010 equinox LTZ with 235/55R 18 with pressure sensors set for 35 psi . This winter I will be putting 17 inch winter tires 225/65R 17 on black steel rims with pressure sensors what psi should my tires be set at and if different from the 18 inch will the sensor know that. :help:
I don't believe that you "set" the tire pressure sensors. You inflate the tires to your desired pressure, and the sensors will warn you when one of the tires has decreased a certain percentage below the rest of them. I suppose that is you have 4 simultaneous blowouts/leaks at the same time/rate, the sensors would not warn you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's the point of having pressure sensors then... During winter, changes in temperature and air contracting cause tires to lose pressure all at once. If you're not warned to inflate them, it's a useless option.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
TurboLed said:
What's the point of having pressure sensors then... During winter, changes in temperature and air contracting cause tires to lose pressure all at once. If you're not warned to inflate them, it's a useless option.
I could be wrong (again), maybe they will warn you when all of the tires are low. You can also go to the screen and see what the "actual" tire pressure at each tire - except the spare and then fill then all up. Certainly preferable over unscrewing each valve cap, and putting a gauge on each tire - PITA.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Each TPM sensor operates independently. Each sensor sends a pressure and a mode signal to the controller; it is the controller's job
to determine if the pressure is low. From the documentation I have, the "normal" pressure is based on the values shown on the tire
pressure placard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just wondering if the tire pressure is different from the 17 inch wheel to thee 18 inch wheel or should they be set a the same PSI? The sticker in my door gives me the pressure for the 18 inch wheel not the 17 inch wheel. So if someone who has an equinox with 17 inch wheel can let me know what the sticker in your door reads thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
fruitman said:
I was just wondering if the tire pressure is different from the 17 inch wheel to thee 18 inch wheel or should they be set a the same PSI? The sticker in my door gives me the pressure for the 18 inch wheel not the 17 inch wheel. So if someone who has an equinox with 17 inch wheel can let me know what the sticker in your door reads thank you.
35 lbs/sq.in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Question : GMC Terrain 2012 and the tire pressure sensors....

I'm about to get a new Terrain and will need to install winter tires. I'll buy plain steel rims, but my question is, does the Terrain need the pressure sensors? What I mean is, I don't mind driving with the little warning light "on" about the tire pressure during winter. But I know that on some car, it can disable feature like ABS, Stabilitrack, ....

So, are they "a must" or can I skip them?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts