GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if it is possible to turn off the tire pressure sensors on my 2019 Terrain AWD? I was quoted over $1,000 for just the rims and pressure sensors for my winter tires (already have the tires) and I am not ready to pay that. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
No, it cant be turned off.
Just find the right part #. There appears to be 2 #s for your model.

TPMS Sensor 315 MHz
Part Number: 13516164

TPMS Sensor 433 MHz
Part Number: 13516165

Amazon has them for about $20 each.

I did a quick search on ebay...
and saw some selling ALL 4- for $27.00.

Id go with this... especially if theyre for winter tires.

I have bought some new car take offs sensors from ebay- and had them put on my Traverse... had them installed when I put new wheels on.
Recently bought replacement sensors... for my Nox--- I think someone on here had them.. New units-- never used.
Have them ready for when the Nox gets new wheels soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought the GM sensors for my 2013 nox for $27.00 (Amazon) and had the dealer install them with my new tires. Dealer wanted $78.00 dollars each. Wow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wondering if it is possible to turn off the tire pressure sensors on my 2019 Terrain AWD? I was quoted over $1,000 for just the rims and pressure sensors for my winter tires (already have the tires) and I am not ready to pay that. Any help is appreciated!
What sized wheels are you using for winter tires to cost over $1,000? I've priced 17's on tire rack at roughly $140 each and 18's at roughly $160-$180 each. TPMS sensors were $120 for a set.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I put a piece of black electrical tape on my instrument panel to "turn off" the warning light in the Winter.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I was thinking of it as cost-sensitive !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts