GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
ive owned my equinox for about 8 months. since driving off the lot, every two months the tire pressure light would go on, warning me about the back left tire. the first time, i manually checked the pressure of that tire and it was, in fact, low, so i pumped it. the second time, i went to a dealer to check the tire out, and while again, the pressure of that tire was low, they said it was not damaged. the third time, i brought it to a different dealer, who also said it was not damaged but low pressure, and rotated the tires. so now i had a different tire in that back left position. a few days ago, for the 4th time, that same back left tire has low pressure -- and this time it is a different tire (post-rotation). any ideas???
thanks!

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I'll bet that when the dealer rotated the tires, he failed to re-initialize the TPMS to tell the DIC that a tire had been switched. So, it thinks that your leaky tire is still in the left-rear position. You can find out how to re-initialize the tires in the Owners Manual. As far as the leak, if you can't find a puncture/nail in the tire, you may want to try tightening up the valve stem. Final place to check would be the tire's bead. Soapy water works good to find leaks.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Something is up. Get a tire shop to check the tire for a leak. Then deliver the bill to the dealership.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a problem with my "low tire pressure" read out. It involves the front tires and says there is only 28 or 29 psi. I've run the pressure up to 36 psi and the message remains. Is there any way to disable the message? It keeps the all other needed messages from appearing. Thanks

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You may be adding air to the wrong two tires.
If somebody rotated your tires without re-learning the TPMS sensors, the wrong two tires will show as being low.

Set your tire pressure with a good guage on all four tires.
If the message still shows, you probably need to replace your TPMS sensors.
They run on a battery that is not replaceable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dear Rednox... Buy yourself a double shot of top shelf tequila this weekend and send me the bill!!! I rotated the tires two weeks ago and the cold weather this AM triggered the message. In the rotation, I moved the fronts straight back and crossed rears to the front. Just got the fronts back to 32.5 psi and the rears at 31.5 psi and the brain on my Black 13 Nox is happy. Also made a note in my manual where the brain thinks the tires reside. Thanks for your nutz-on help.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Glad to help, one final thought.
Do NOT use the fix a flat in a can, it will gum up the TPMS and require a replacement.

Down here in Tucson we only drink the good stuff,
A shot of Pepe Lopez or Three Fingers will be on your bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts