GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Equinox. All was well for almost a year and then the tires started losing air. Confirmed with hand held device. Now there is one tire loosing air faster than the rest but they are all losing.
I had this problem many years ago on my GrandAm. The wheels were to blame then.

Tired of putting in air sometimes daily. I'd call the dealer but they've had recent service manager issues..... Not warm and fuzzy there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'd take it to a tire store that reps the brand tire you have (michelon?). Very often they are the ones who support warrenty on new car tires anyway...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have them checked and remounted with "bead sealer". My Vette used to leak a lot hasn't lost 1 lb in 8mo since I did that.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I usually go to a tire store and have them check it out if I have to put air in more than once in 6 months or so. Checking air pressure should be part of regular maintenance, but if you are losing air, there are only a couple of things that can cause it...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I had problem with tire on one of my other vehicles and tire shop said it was from all the tire dressing I had been using on the tires guess the silicon helped break the seal on the rim They took tire off cleaned the rim and put some kinda sealer on rim, remounted tire all is good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts