GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this by chance, thought it good to share.

Press the Voice Command button on your steering wheel.
Say" Display Day Mode" to switch the NAV display to bright background.
Say" Display Night Mode" to switch the NAV display to dark background.
Say" Display Auto Mode" to switch the NAV display automatically as detected by the day/night sensor.
Say" Display Help" to confirm I listed the commands correctly LOL!

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

This stuff is GOOD. Anyone else with anything to add on voice controls? Much easier than the manual!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

thanks guys!

on the voice navigation destination, can you give the commands while driving? or is it still disabled until you stop moving? i did find that you can go to destinations stored in your address book while moving, which is nice. not sure if that was listed in the manual or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

tbox302 said:
thanks guys!

on the voice navigation destination, can you give the commands while driving? or is it still disabled until you stop moving? i did find that you can go to destinations stored in your address book while moving, which is nice. not sure if that was listed in the manual or not.
Yes NAV voice commands work while driving.
Very handy feature, but as you noted destinations are selectable only if they're already in your address book.
New destinations can only be entered while the vehicle is in park.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

Thanks for the "help" reminder SnowItch. But all us guys got to remember that WE don't ask for help if anyone else is in the car!! Just a man thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

My wife would be beaming for a month. And she's the one in the family who would never even pick up the manual. Repeat after me..."I will NEVER ask the voice prompt for help while anyone, especially my wife, is in the car..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
You are working toward redemption my friend. I will vouch for you on the Man's Club review. I'm surprised NY Joe didn't suspend your privliges!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
I am told NY Joe is "all knowing and all seeing," much like Karnak the Magnificient. Oh wait, I think it was actually NY Joe who said that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

SnowItch said:
Actually, I found that it will allow you to enter new destinations if your brake is engaged. The second you take your foot off the brake, it grays out and you can't enter anymore (but it does stay at the exact same place so when you stop at the next light you can continue where you left off).

I actually didn't know about the voice options to enter a destination. I'm definitely using that the next time I need to enter an address while on the move (and I won't get honked at when the light turns green[/color]).
What is the shortest measurement of time?
No, it's not a picosecond or anything of that nature!!!












It's the time from when the light turns green until the New York cabbie behind you blasts his horn!
;D ;D ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
Islander said:
I am told NY Joe is "all knowing and all seeing," much like Karnak the Magnificient. Oh wait, I think it was actually NY Joe who said that.
You are a very wise man. JUst like the man you speak off.

LOL. Veering off topic here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
Re: Tip -- Changing NAV Screen from Day to Night to Auto Mode

SnowItch said:
Boy, isn't that the truth. I've been to New York twice. Drove up there the 1st time and swore I was never going to do that again.
Chicken.

That is where I cut my teeth driving. You can do anything after driving in the city.

Have lived here 36 years and would never leave. Unless someone offered the right amount of money of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
OK how do u make a Nav Addressbook tag that you can retrieve with the Voice Recognition..It said it was discussed earlier in the manual but cannot find it..I did not know u could do most of the Nav with voice..Never yet had a chance to read the manual..Any help would be appreciated..Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
page 62 in the NAV manual, you can edit a destination in your address book, and add a voice tag.
I have PDF of the NAV manual and the main manual, but I would have to do a little research as to where I found them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fullcourt said:
page 62 in the NAV manual, you can edit a destination in your address book, and add a voice tag.
I have PDF of the NAV manual and the main manual, but I would have to do a little research as to where I found them
Owners manual:

www.elitecybersolutions.com/terrain/2010_gmc_terrain_owners.pdf

Getting to know your Terrain:

http://www.elitecybersolutions.com/terrain/2010_gmc_terrain_getknow.pdf

Navigation Manual:

http://www.elitecybersolutions.com/terrain/2010_gmc_terrain_navigation.pdf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
gearhead said:
Found this by chance, thought it good to share.

Press the Voice Command button on your steering wheel.
Say" Display Day Mode" to switch the NAV display to bright background.
Say" Display Night Mode" to switch the NAV display to dark background.
Say" Display Auto Mode" to switch the NAV display automatically as detected by the day/night sensor.
Say" Display Help" to confirm I listed the commands correctly LOL!

;)
"Display Help" ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
My Nox stopped talking to me after I called it a d**b F**K when it was not responding to my commands. Obviously the Nox is female ::)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top