GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Heh... mine had wiper motor and emissions warranties left to 150k... Useless. I have the timing chain issue too on my 2014. I did make it 92k before started getting engine light.
And yet another whiny one replying to a 6 year old post and an member who hasn't been here for . . . . ? ? ?

so the point is . . .. ? ? ? ? ?? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: :geek:

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone I wondering if anyone has any issues with their GMC Terrian timing chain . I have a 2012 terrain with a broken timing chain. I took my terrian to my dealership I purchased it from for repairs. After the service department diagnose my engine I was told it would cost me around $1490.00 dollars to repair it so I rented a car and waited for them to complete the repairs. I returned to my dealership the day before my repairs was suppose to be completed to confirm that my car will be ready for pick up the next day.
I was told your good to go for pickup and it will cost you about $1490.00 for the repairs. So I am happy and looking forward to getting my vehicle back. I then get the nightmare call from the service department Mr. Joseph your engine sustained damage from the broken timing chain and your engine will have to be replaced at a cost of $9800.00. Now here is my dilemma I currently owe $19,000.00 on my vehicle and my milage is is currently at 126000 thousand due to my travels to and from the east cost. I say to myself let me check my contract since I got an extended warranty at a cost $2295.00 and turned out to be useless since it only covered me for 75000 miles and expires 02 /04/2018. I took my warranty to my dealership and to the gentleman who sold me the car. I was told there is nothing we can do for you. So I take it in stride since I am a soldier and we're supposed to overcome and adapt to adversities. So I say thanks to the gentleman who sold me my car who suggested that I asked the service department if they could check around to see if they could find a replacement engine at a cheaper cost. The service department did do that and gave to cost estimates verbally for my engine replacement. The prices I received were $5200.00 for a new engine and $4900.00 for a used engine. So I told them that will have my car towed back to my home until I can come up with a way to pay for the repairs. So my vehicle was towed to my house and dropped off. Before the tow truck driver left we open the hood of my vehicle an to my dismay we found that who ever last work on my vehicle just tossed everything under my hood oil cap, sparkplugs, screws and engine parts. My first thought was that my dealership who I purchased my car from and referred a few of my friends too in which one of my friends did purchase a vehicle from my dealership didn't give a crap about me as a customer. I did put in all in a bag shake it up and now I am moving forward. I have taken my car back to my dealership for the engine replacement I have also spoken to the service manager from my dealership who in turn said he would talk to GM to see if they could help. I am a person who doesn't hold a grudge . I would like to hear from anyone in our forum regarding my situation. I would also like to know if anyone else timing chain has broken and caused so much damages to your engine that you had to have you engine replaced. I also hope there is someone from our GMC company on this forum who may read this post. I asked this question due to the fact that if this happened to me where my timing chain broke and ruined my engine I am sure it will happen to someone else who owns any of your GMC brand vehicles with timing chains. I also hope you will cover your customers six like my buddies have covered my six. This SSG J sign out and looking forward to hearing your feed back.
Well I really hope you have better luck with GM Motors than we did, my daughter bought a 2012 Terrain and right about 86,000 miles started having problems so she took it into a shop and was told it was a sensor so after paying 1300 it ran good for a few days then went down again so took it back ti the shop was told it was the timing chain got the claim approved but was being over charged and was told the engine was done due to metal flakes from the timing chain moved the terrain to a different repair shop and the claim was suppised to have been transferred but instead the shop filed a new claim stating that the engine was ruined from the pistons and excessive oil consumption the extended warranty place denied the claim, foynd out that it was GM's mistake as there was a class action lawsuit against GM Motors due to the faulty engine that consumed excessive oil the caused a chain reaction and took out the timing chain and ruined the engine. Now the ones that got notified or was able to get an honest answer from GM received new engines but I got around and the end result e as GM would pay 10% of the final repair bill. Its there screw up but they dont want to take full respinsibiliry or admit they put cheap fault parts in there vehicles, $800 is a slap in the face when yoy have to pay approx. $7500 or more for repairs. Then to top it off the vehicle really isnt even worth it and my daughter still owed over $10,000 for it. So I really hope you have better luck I can give you an email address to the person you need to speak to at GM Motors if your interested. Goid luck, Nevgal

41 - 43 of 43 Posts