GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long has it been taking from placing order to delivery? I ordered my Nox two days ago(Jan 7,10) and salesman said it should take 6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Roesterman said:
How long has it been taking from placing order to delivery? I ordered my Nox two days ago(Jan 7,10) and salesman said it should take 6 weeks.
We were quoted 6-8 weeks back in late September.
We couldn't wait so we took one off the lot.
Fortunately for the wife, it was loaded to the max.
Unfortunately for me, my bank account isn't!
LOL!
But the whole family loves it and that's what really matters, it has something for everyone.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I was also quoted 6-8 weeks on Oct.12th , and I am still waiting to see my vehicle. Latest word is that it WILL NOT be built in January either. Do the math ! Very depressing...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Equinox LTZ on October 10 and finally took delivery on January 11. When I ordered it, the dealer told me it would take 4-5 weeks. After that time had passed, they told me it would be another 4-5 weeks. It was a very frustrating process. I just read yesterday that GM is considering opening another factory to keep up with demand. That would help, although my LTZ was supposedly delayed by a shortage of parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered our Terrain November 7th and received it January 11th. Right about 9 weeks. It was frustrating but worth the wait. I was wondering if there was a delay because of the recall. Anybody that is thinking they don't want to wait that long be patient. I am so happy we ordered the exact 1 we wanted instead of settling on something else.

·
Registered
698 Posts
SnowItch said:
There were several rumors of part shortages.

In my case, the delay was supposedly caused by the fact that the transportation company had let too many people go and didn't have drivers.

IMHO, I don't care what is causing the delay, I just want to know about it. The most frustrating thing in the world from a customer perspective is to be left in the dark. If you make a mistake, tell me about it. I'm much more willing to forgive a mistake than I am to forgive total, complete silence.

Pissed me off enough at the time that I came 2 minutes away from buying a RAV4 instead (that was when the dealer jumped in with a 3 week loaner).
Agreed. I still bitterly recall my month-long delay from BUILT to DELIVERED. It wouldn't have been as big a deal if I wasn't paying per kilometre overages on my leased Sierra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My situation is a bit different. I ordered mine through the GE Fleet program (this is my company car) the last week in October. I took delivery today. So about 10 weeks for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually the way mine works I never had any relationship with anyone at GM until I picked it up. I ordered it through the GE Fleet website, which is the only place I got updates to its location. And the updates always a few days behind. Until the dealer called me and said "It's here" I spoke to no one at GM.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I placed my order on 1/11/2010 and as of yesterday, I was told it would be built the week of 2/15/2010. The anticipated delivery date is 2/28/2010. If they hit those dates, that would make it about 7 weeks for me.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats good to hear because I ordered mine on the 7th of Jan. I should have mine about within the same week then as yours bkpe2010.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered mine on November 23 and picked it up January 28. Considering the Christmas holiday season was in there it still only took 8 weeks.

I love it! I ordered the LTZ so I am enjoying for the first time leather seats and all of the bells and whistles. I especially love the back-up camera. :) :D :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What options did you select 2010 ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Roesterman said:
What options did you select 2010 ?
The only thing I put on the LTZ was 18 inch wheels. Doing a little research, I found that 17 inch tires are harder to find and more expensive plus an 18 or 19 inch tire will give you a slightly better ride.
I had no interest in a sun roof; nav system or the entertainment system (no young children) so the LTZ, for my needs, was loaded.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
At least you got updates. I would have loved to have any information - even a few days behind.

I hope someone at GM/Chevy is trolling these sites and paying attention. If they want to return to being a first rate auto-maker, they have to start paying attention to the details of what their customers want. IMO, they have succeeded from in designing and manufacturing quality automobiles, but they have a long, long way to go on the total buyer experience once the vehicle leaves the factory.[/color]

As I said earlier, I was literally 2 minutes away from buying from the competition because I was getting no information from Chevy. I'm only on this forum now because of some quick thinking by someone at the dealership.[/color]
We were looking at Equinox's, we didn't even know a Terrain existed.
I was searching online for a dealer that had many Equinox colour schemes to look at.

I found a local GMC dealer who had more on hand than the local Chevy dealer.
He introduced us to the Terrain and the rest is history.

I guess the moral of the story is that the Dealers have to figure in the equation as well.
Lucky for us I went online and found the local Dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For all of you waiting, trust me it's worth it. I was fortunate to literally stumble upon mine in Sept of '09, and I couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd own a black vehicle, but after 10 years in my Saturn coupd ( I do still miss it), the experience has been a very good one overall.

Still waiting to see some REALLY good MPG's (95% of my driving could be done with the door open). The Nox's first road trip is this weekend about an hour away, so I'll be looking forward to the smooth highway ride!

Hang in there all. You'll be happy you did! ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
7 weeks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've waited 4 weeks so far.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Toronto, Canada here,

i ordered my equinox on november 24, it was built january 11 and delivered to the dealer january 19...... on ordering they told me 8 weeks, and they were almost dead on the nose, it as i picked it up on january 22.
the reason given for 8 weeks was they were selling like hotcakes and couldn't keep them on the lot, i couldn't believe i'd wait 8 weeks for a car built in ontario canada

1 - 20 of 159 Posts