GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2012 Terrain and when I lock the car from the remote, I hear a ticking noise for about 10 seconds, also happens when I lock the doors from the remote as well. Any ideas????

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
ron1019 said:
Recently bought a 2012 Terrain and when I lock the car from the remote, I hear a ticking noise for about 10 seconds, also happens when I lock the doors from the remote as well. Any ideas????
Might it be the expansion/contraction of the exhaust system and engine ?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Probably the exhaust headers contracting just like already mentioned, but I do know with mine I can hear that plus some whirring noises like tiny electric servos doing something (headlight off timer? tire air pressure sensors?) but it's done it since day one and I've never had a single issue. Basically nearly all vehicles made today use electronics for everything....even things that used to be a simple mechanical part.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
ron1019 said:
where do you hear the sound- in the door panels, under the hood, or under car by the exhaust pipes?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dont know what engine you have, but It seems like the V6 with the dual tailpipes has the pinging noise of the exhaust system thats been mentioned...I didnt notice it on my I4...

again, thats normal noise...not sure if thats what the OP is talking about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I remotely lock the doors from about 10 feet away I hear the sounds from the outside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
hmmm...I will have to pay attention, to see if I hear it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts