GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Thumper not thumping!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Thumping 
#1 ·
Have an issue with the right side factory speakers in my terrain. None seem to be working, also my after market subs will not work either, amp comes on and would seem like it’s gonna work but nothing, no sound comes out of anything but the left side? Anyone ever have this issue or maybe know what to look for as the problem?

#2 ·
Seems to me it is a signal output issue with your head unit. The rear door speakers are controlled by the head unit while the front door speakers sub and center are controlled by the amp. That being said, I'd say there's a good possibility the head unit outputs may be fried or something wrong with the connections. But my gut says head unit outputs.

#3 ·
Greatly appreciate the knowledge on this one, many moons ago I use to install systems in cars, back when there wasn’t an entire computer tied into and through the stereo system. Now-a-days it’s welll outside my wheel house on now to install systems to factory head units. My wife just laughs at me cause I don’t go I’ve up. So hypothetically speaking I could tap into the side controlled by the amp and hook my LOC to those speaker wires to send my after market amp the low frequency signal it needs to thump once again?Now I just need to be sure what color the wires on the left side are to make it happen, I’m sure I can comb through the forum history of material to find that out, wish me luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.