Votes: 4 100.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2018 + body styles (Terrain) just do not suit such attachments IMO
I’m on the fence about it. I’d like to have some protection for my front bumper as someone already has backed into it once before and I would like to have a place to mount some fog lights as mine does not have fogs installed factory.

·
Registered
2017 Equinox LT 2.4 FWD
430 Posts
Totally out of place on a CUV in my opinion. Although some people refer to these vehicles as trucks, they're not, not even close! They're people and cargo haulers, nothing more.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally out of place on a CUV in my opinion. Although some people refer to these vehicles as trucks, they're not, not even close! They're people and cargo haulers, nothing more.
I don’t want it to be a truck necessarily I just like the look and functionality of the bull bar. Some of the CUVs look great with them especially the rav 4 I’m just on the fence with it on the equinox.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
There is no wrong answer here, if you like the look of it, put it on and enjoy it.
I personally would not put it on my 2014 LTZ.

I had one on my 1990 GMC Jimmy and it looked good.
The one in your pic looks pretty close to the ground.

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
851 Posts
If you do install it and have an accident it could actually cause more damage by being mounted to the subframe. Idk I would say go ahead but that subframe is not meant for that. Image if you hit something even at 5mph with the push bar totally destroy the subframe and compromise the hardware attaching it to the unibody. Steel and welds crack too.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That is becoming a NYC accessory as they park by ''feel'' there and the removable bar when the leased vehicle gets turned in lessens the body damage penalty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one on my 18 Equinox, & have since new. We live in very rural Nevada. I can't tell you off road how it has saved the aftercooler. It also tells us our ground clearance. If I scrape it I know I have an inch of clearance left.
We use ours as a truck. Went you live miles from nowhere there's no choice. If we think things will get to rough going we just take our 4x4 2500 Ram.
100k and still going strong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone know if the at4 skidplate bolts right up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts