GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding HIDs to my new Equinox. I am not worried about the fog lights as they are projectors which pretty much never have any glare. Anyway, for those who have added them to their head lamps - how bad is the glare? I know that adding HID to any halogen housing will cause some degree of glare, but in my experience most newer cars have significantly less glare than on older cars. I don't want to add them if the glare is going to be really bad and distracting to other drivers.

Anyone have any experience they care to share?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Being a pig, I must say that you shouldn't do it. Simply because none of the aftermarket kits meet federal standard.

Now that thats out of the way, if you aim you lights lower you should be decent. As long as you don't go too bright. I see them all the time. As long as they aren't blinding, then no one really cares too much. But ****, there are some that are unbelievable. But regardless, they will glare even if the car is newer. Halogen housings just aren't designed for HIDs. Either way, good luck. I do wonder how they'd do in a projector setup like the LTZs have.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
cakemix said:
I am considering adding HIDs to my new Equinox. I am not worried about the fog lights as they are projectors which pretty much never have any glare. Anyway, for those who have added them to their head lamps - how bad is the glare? I know that adding HID to any halogen housing will cause some degree of glare, but in my experience most newer cars have significantly less glare than on older cars. I don't want to add them if the glare is going to be really bad and distracting to other drivers.

Anyone have any experience they care to share?

Thanks.
Just a note of information. It is not necessary to post the same question in multiple sub-forums. Most, if not all members, read the messages in a way that will pick up all the sub-forums.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that. To clarify, I meant to ask this question regarding non-projector headlamps (LS/LT1/LT2).

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
cakemix said:
Sorry about that. To clarify, I meant to ask this question regarding non-projector headlamps (LS/LT1/LT2).
See your other post for my answer - but, in a nutshell, not recommended ! Sorry.

·
Registered
978 Posts
For all the same reasons posted here and the answer to your question in the other thread...
not recommended...thumbs down

·
Registered
139 Posts
jmlock said:
Being a pig, I must say that you shouldn't do it.
I love how you make the best of what other perceive you guys as. Two thumbs up haha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I almost went this route when I first got the 05 now back in 09, then I saw on other forums it wasn't a good idea. What year is your Nox? If you got the right year, your only real route I think is to get some LTZ headlights, but those bad boys cost a lot for a pair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts