GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been unable to log in to my account for a while now. I just get the following text. Had to create a new login with a different browser, and even was not able to make posts with that at all last week.

2: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/terrain/public_html/Themes/blackandwhite/index.template.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/sites/terrainforum.net:/usr/share/pear:/usr/sites/common)
/usr/sites/terrainforum.net/www/htdocs/Sources/Load.php

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
lookup user "admin2" and send the same info as here.

·
Administrator
257 Posts
Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache to see if this fixes the issue.
Also what kind of browser and device are you using log into the site.

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clearing browser data allows me to access the site, but the error returns upon logging in, and happens irrespective of the browser used.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I believe it has something to do with themes .. . as part of it. Other members have complained that only the RED w/WHITE letters works. Another member tried to change his color theme and it no longer works and also gives and error.

The user Ralalph (now temp101) had a Black with White letter color theme and now it will not allow him to sign on with that color theme.

Check the highlighted part of the error below:

2: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/terrain/public_html/Themes/blackandwhite/index.template.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/sites/terrainforum.net:/usr/share/pear:/usr/sites/common)
/usr/sites/terrainforum.net/www/htdocs/Sources/Load.php

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I liked the black with white lettering also. . .. but fortunately, I went back to the barely tolerable RED/White. . . and I can still log in.

It seems anyone who set up a different color scheme like Black/White. . . can not log in. .. and members who TRY to change it to Black/White can not do so and also get an error message.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
temp101 said:
I can't change it back, it just loads a blank page with that text as soon as I log in.
Exactly. . . since you had a non standard color theme it gives and error.. . The OP wanted to CHANGE his color theme . .. and he also got an error. So that seems to be the common denominator. You can log in because your log in sequence has the Black/White conditions set and the system is corrupted for that theme.

Anyone trying to change it also gets a similar error because the same code is corrupted.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The Red/White default was painful for me to look at. I made an account here before I bought my Nox so that I could read/search without burning my retinas.

I use the grey or blue scheme with success, and far less eye strain.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I wish I could change the theme to the grey Theme. . .

Now all you get is this same error below:

2: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/terrain/public_html/Themes/blackandwhite/languages/Settings.english.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/sites/terrainforum.net:/usr/share/pear:/usr/sites/common)
File: /usr/sites/terrainforum.net/www/htdocs/Sources/Themes.php
Line: 913

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

I'm having this exact same problem with my PC browser. I also had the black/white theme and cannot login. But I can still login using the Android Tapatalk app. Hope the PC bug will be fixed soon? Been like this for several days now?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
That's it. .. . just another secret ploy to make us all rely on ever connected portable devices!

·
Administrator
257 Posts
I have notify the techs to fix this issue, my apologies.

~ GP community support

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
admin2 said:

~ GP community support
Thanks for all that you do for the forum. It takes a lot of work to keep it up and operating. I know as I have my own forums before and the work on fixing the problems can be daunting.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
admin2 said:

~ GP community support

Thank you for what must be hair pulling frustration. We all are glad to hear you are working on it.

No worries! :)

·
Administrator
257 Posts
Thank you so much, hopefully we can get this issue sorted :)

~ GP community support

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who gets the ad revenue from this site? Are the admins and moderators volunteers? Still unable to login...

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Good question. . but if this takes this long to fix a problem and more and more people can not log on or even register, soon there will be no one to look at the ads.

Wasn't this web site technical operations handed over to someone else not too long ago? We had a few down times before that, but nothing like this where a persistent error goes on for days.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
temp101 said:
Who gets the ad revenue from this site? Are the admins and moderators volunteers? Still unable to login...
I am a volunteer, no pay. The owner of the forum is the one who garners any income. Of course, there would be a cost to have this forum administered to.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts