GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I picked up a 2011, SRX, Premium, FWD, 3.0L from my folks. I've been driving it for almost 3 years now...I usually drive my cars until the wheels fall off, and that has served me well for 30 years (holy crap, I just realized I've been driving for 30+ years).

I almost had myself talked into a Tesla Model X, but decided I'll just hold onto this caddy for another 150k miles or so. When I got the car I found out that my mom had run over a block of concrete and it bent both of the passenger side rims (it slowly leaks air, and I had someone look underneath...and that is when I found out). They were the premium 20 inch chrome rims, so they are already going to be expensive to replace. So, I thought I'd pick up some nice 22's and trick out my ride a little.

Does anyone have 22s on their SRX? If so, any thoughts? Or is this just a stupid idea? I've priced them out, and I'm looking at some decently priced KMCs, and I was going to put some Michelin Premier LTXs on it.

Thanks!

Travis

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's your car so do what you like. Personally I don't like oversize rims and the ultra low profile tires that go along with them. 20" is about the max I'd go. But like I said do what YOU like.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've never liked the looks; the ride suffers due to the stiffer sidewalls; the wheels themselves are heavier than the original wheels and thus impact handling--even though stiffer sidewalls typically give better tire performance. JMHO. Your experience may differ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts