GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2016 Equinox for my son last year. I did all my research and decided this was a reliable vehicle. I got all the extended warranties they had for peace of mind. That was a joke. About 5 months of purchase the interior light and the rearview camera stopped working. We changed the fuse and a few hours later it went out again. He called the dealership and took it over. They right away said that they would have to do a electrical diagnostic to find the problem. So I said ok do it. I have all the warranties and it's been only 5 months since I bought it. OH NO, they come up with I have to pay for the diagnostic if it goes over 3 hours. So if it takes them say 7 hours to find the problem I have to pay for 4 hours. At 150.00 pr hour. I lost it. But no matter how I complained they just said that's the way the warranty is set up. So I decided to go on line to see if there was other Equinox trucks with the same problems. I saw that back in 2012 to 2014 there were a number of trucks that had the same problem. But they never said what the solution was. But when I brought it up to the dealership they say that they have no record of it. Which I find hard to believe. Can anybody
help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
unfortunately I can't help but I always find it amazing that the standard response at the dealerships is that they've never heard of a problem.

Good luck with your issue. I hope you get it resolved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts