GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck is with these two buttons? Near as I can tell they do the exact same thing. Did they really need to have a mode up and mode down button for all of four modes? Or am I missing something? The manual says it's mode up and mode down. Is it really t hat simple or is there more to it than that?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
LOL....ummmm, I'm still thinking....thinking....someone :help:

I guess I have to agree with you. Never thought of it, but yes, it just reverses the order that it cycles as far as I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Those buttons are for changing where the air blows out of the vents. Up sends it to the dashboard vents and then the vents by the windshield. Down sends it to the floor or defrost and floor vents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
I would have to agree that these are the Air Delivery Mode Controls. Press mode up or mode down to cycle through the different air delivery modes, vent, bi-level, floor, defog. The current mode is shown on the display. This can also be found in your owner’s manual. I hope this helps.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Those buttons are for changing where the air blows out of the vents. Up sends it to the dashboard vents and then the vents by the windshield. Down sends it to the floor or defrost and floor vents.
We get that but it's not as if either does something different. Here are the settings...

1) Floor
2) Floor and Face
3) Face
4) Floor and Defrost


So if you are on #2...pushing up goes 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2 and pushing down goes 2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 2.

So, you have two buttons that cycle you between 4 options. Yet, if you think of it with that logic and the Favorite button on the radio or even the source. You can have 6 of each of those, yet, there's only one button. WHy is there no Source Forward and Source Back button where there are more sources available than vent settings? Really, the button is sorta useless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
^^^So what your saying is you want a seprate button for each vent setting? Im confused... sorry....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Phantm006 said:
^^^So what your saying is you want a seprate button for each vent setting? Im confused... sorry....
No, just one button. Something else could have been put there. Heck, another setting is useless, the Floor and Defrost setting (#4) is pointless since there is a front defrost button. So there's two buttons that could be elimated. Take those away and put the floor lighting back in.

What I'm saying is they want to cut corners on some things yet we have buttons that really have no purpose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Sierra SLT and Yukon SLT both with climate control both cycle the exact same functions as the Terrain...except they both do it with one button. I've owned nothing but GM for 20+ years and have become kind of accustomed to how they do things...which is why I asked the question: why are they using two buttons to perform a function that they have performed with only one button for a decade or better? I thought maybe there was some added benefit to having the second button, maybe an additional feature...but apparently not. FWIW, my wife brought this to my attention, in her words, " how stupid is that?".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
No, just one button. Something else could have been put there. Heck, another setting is useless, the Floor and Defrost setting (#4) is pointless since there is a front defrost button. So there's two buttons that could be elimated. Take those away and put the floor lighting back in.

What I'm saying is they want to cut corners on some things yet we have buttons that really have no purpose.
Well, Design Engineers also consider what is cosmetically pleasing, so they may have had the same thoughts you did, 'we really only need one button to do this, but then the HVAC controls won't be centered and we end up with a vacant space on the dash.
So lets just throw in a an extra button and call it good' ;D [/color]
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top