GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2010 Terrain (4 CYL.) to the dealer today concerning low temperature heat from vents and the fact the fact the temp. gauge pointer didn't go to the halfway point, just two clicks from cold.
Service tech approached after about a half hour and told me the thermostat needed replaced and they did not have one in inventory and would have to pick one up.
They gave me a LaCrosse loaner car and said they'd call me when the repair was complete.
About 4 hours later I returned to the dealer to pick up the Terrain.
I drove it home and funny thing, the needle on the temp gauge got no further than before, just two clicks from cold.
I guess that's where GM wants it to be when the engine reaches operating temp!
::)

·
Registered
161 Posts
vbgunltd said:
Took my 2010 Terrain (4 CYL.) to the dealer today concerning low temperature heat from vents and the fact the fact the temp. gauge pointer didn't go to the halfway point, just two clicks from cold.
Service tech approached after about a half hour and told me the thermostat needed replaced and they did not have one in inventory and would have to pick one up.
They gave me a LaCrosse loaner car and said they'd call me when the repair was complete.
About 4 hours later I returned to the dealer to pick up the Terrain.
I drove it home and funny thing, the needle on the temp gauge got no further than before, just two clicks from cold.
I guess that's where GM wants it to be when the engine reaches operating temp!
::)
Mine runs about 2 "clicks" also, but lots and lots of heat BTW my 2006 Equinox ran about 2+ clicks also, definately less than half scale. Did have to replace the thermostat due to low heat, but it was only down about needle width on the gauge from when it was ok.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My 2011 4 cyl temperature gauge runs on the third mark, but unless someone knows what each mark represents in degrees that doesn't mean much. If I remember right the bottom mark on my Impala was marked 140º, the center was 160º, and the top mark was 212º or something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts