GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple days ago my fiance told me when she got on her new '12 equinox LTZ there was a warning on the dash panel saying "Theft Attempted". Said she looked in the manual and it says it comes on when there o
Could have been a possible theft attempt. Nothing looked messed with like the door handles, chrome, etc. So didn't think anything of it.

Went to a thanksgiving dinner earlier and when we were leaving I attempted to use the auto start feature and it wouldn't work. As I unlocked the car it honked which the manual says is an indication of a possible theft. Turned it on and it had the same warring on the dash panel. Couldn't find any info on this on the forum. Has anyone had this happen to them??? Wondering if it's a problem with the autostart feature?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am not sure what could be causing this concern. Has it been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you as well on my end. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's part of the vehicle theft deterrent system. Not sure where in the equinox manual it is but in the Terrain manual it's on page 2-14 under Vehicle Security. It has to do with the pressing of the lock button on the remote and the actions taken afterwards.

I know on my 2006 Buick Rendezvous it does exactly as you are describing if I use the remote to lock the doors before the door is actually shut. Somehow it arms the system, but fails to disarm properly when returning to the vehicle with the remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts