GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Equinox LT. A few months ago I walked out to my car and unlocked it with the fob. The horn beeped a couple times, which isnt the usual unlocking process. When I got in the vehicle the DIC said there was a theft attempted, but I know that a theft attempt did not occur. I cleared the message and thought it was odd. The theft attempted message would continue to pop up when I started my car for the next week or so. It eventually stopped. Since this incident, when I lock my vehicle the security light on the dash stays red. My car alarm will also go off within 10 minutes of locking the vehicle. Remote start does not work now either.

I've checked all the doors, hood and liftgate to make sure nothing is open. There are no messages in the DIC about doors being open either. I unhooked the battery hoping that would reset things, but that did not work either. The only other thing I've noticed is that the liftgate does not make a grinding and locking noise after the liftgate closes.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any solutions? I'd rather not pay the dealership a ridiculous amount of money to have this looked at!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
does the interior light stay on? when all doors are closed.

ALarm going off at night is usually the hood latch/sensor.

Remote start being disabled-- also points to hood latch.

For Safety-- remote start will not work if hood is 'OPEN'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the interior light stay on? when all doors are closed.

ALarm going off at night is usually the hood latch/sensor.

Remote start being disabled-- also points to hood latch.

For Safety-- remote start will not work if hood is 'OPEN'.
The interior lights go off when the doors are closed.

Thanks for your suggestion of the hood latch/sensor!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts