GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 months and 6 days later i finally received my NOX LTZ in cyber grey metallic with titanium/black leather interior and sunroof. i felt rushed at the dealer and im sure my nox did too as i found the antenna in the cargo area when the dealer opened the lift gate. He was aggressively insistent on me completing this GM survey and marking "highly satisfied". i had a good experience overall but his aggressive persistence was very off putting and very unprofessional in my opinion. Anyway, on to the car ::) !!

Raves ;D :
-The chrome accents really complement the cyber grey color nicely!!
-I love the turning radius and overall how well the car turns. My previous car was a '93 del sol so anything is an upgrade but the equinox is such a nice ride.
-I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the auto start with a/c. It was 96 today and inside was 69! So far my most fav feature.
-OnStar, Rear view cam, park assist, ipod compatibility, seat comfortability, accent lighting, adjustable lift gate, express roll down, the grooves for cords near the arm rest, all the storage, telescopic steering wheel- its all awesome.

Rants :-\:
-i find the view in the back up cam looks further than in real life. the park assist helps but i still have to turn my head for judgement. maybe this takes getting used to?
-i wish you could change channels on xm with the steering wheel control. if im wrong-please, tell me how.
-not a fan of the new car smell....and i smell melted plastic. maybe because its so hot outside and the car isn't used to it? lol. i hope nothing is actually melting. i should check (haven't even looked under the hood and still don't know where the fuel door is or how to open it).
-wish there was express roll up but have rolled my finger up in our jetta so i guess this is safer (the dog was in my lap, it was complicated).

overall, i LOVE my new Equinox and am still diving into the manual and searching the forum till we're better acquainted. Will post pics soon!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
angelaLTZ said:
2 months and 6 days later i finally received my NOX LTZ in cyber grey metallic with titanium/black leather interior and sunroof. i felt rushed at the dealer and im sure my nox did too as i found the antenna in the cargo area when the dealer opened the lift gate. He was aggressively insistent on me completing this GM survey and marking "highly satisfied". i had a good experience overall but his aggressive persistence was very off putting and very unprofessional in my opinion. Anyway, on to the car ::) !!

Raves ;D :
-The chrome accents really complement the cyber grey color nicely!!
-I love the turning radius and overall how well the car turns. My previous car was a '93 del sol so anything is an upgrade but the equinox is such a nice ride.
-I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the auto start with a/c. It was 96 today and inside was 69! So far my most fav feature.
-OnStar, Rear view cam, park assist, ipod compatibility, seat comfortability, accent lighting, adjustable lift gate, express roll down, the grooves for cords near the arm rest, all the storage, telescopic steering wheel- its all awesome.

-i find the view in the back up cam looks further than in real life. the park assist helps but i still have to turn my head for judgement. maybe this takes getting used to?
-i wish you could change channels on xm with the steering wheel control.[/color] if im wrong-please, tell me how.
-not a fan of the new car smell....and i smell melted plastic. maybe because its so hot outside and the car isn't used to it? lol. i hope nothing is actually melting. i should check (haven't even looked under the hood and still don't know where the fuel door is or how to open it).
-wish there was express roll up but have rolled my finger up in our jetta so i guess this is safer (the dog was in my lap, it was complicated).

overall, i LOVE my new Equinox and am still diving into the manual and searching the forum till we're better acquainted. Will post pics soon!
Save your fav XM channels manually (or maybe there's a way to do it auto, I dunno).
Press the "Voice command" button then after the voice prompt and beep (voice prompt occurs only after the first press of the button, beep only thereafter...you can turn voice prompt completely off) say:

"Radio select 27XM" or whatever is in one of your XM favs (or just manually tune to an XM channel).
Now you can roll the little wheel up or down and it will go through all of your fav's, be they AM, XM, FM, etc.
Hope this helps.
Play around little, it is very automated and WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cooolll!

Park assist takes getting used to, get out of the vehicle and compare what you see on screen with the distance you're actually away from what you see on screen.
Then you'll feel more comfortable. Remember, it is an assist, always use your mirrors and turn your head, especially in residential areas or parking lots (not being a [email protected]@ss to teach you how to drive by any stretch of the imagination, just trying to help is all).

Fuel door is on passenger side, above rear wheel well. Push it in, rear horizontally and center vertically (the hing is on the right and there's a hook for the gas cap tether), and release and it pops open. Push it in again to close.

Have fun with your new toys, cuz there are a lot of them!

·
Registered
830 Posts
gearhead said:
Save your fav XM channels manually (or maybe there's a way to do it auto, I dunno).
Press the "Voice command" button then after the voice prompt and beep (voice prompt occurs only after the first press of the button, beep only thereafter...you can turn voice prompt completely off) say:

"Radio select 27XM" or whatever is in one of your XM favs (or just manually tune to an XM channel).
Now you can roll the little wheel up or down and it will go through all of your fav's, be they AM, XM, FM, etc.
Hope this helps.
Play around little, it is very automated and WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cooolll!

Park assist takes getting used to, get out of the vehicle and compare what you see on screen with the distance you're actually away from what you see on screen.
Then you'll feel more comfortable. Remember, it is an assist, always use your mirrors and turn your head, especially in residential areas or parking lots (not being a [email protected]@ss to teach you how to drive by any stretch of the imagination, just trying to help is all).

Fuel door is on passenger side, above rear wheel well. Push it in, rear horizontally and center vertically (the hing is on the right and there's a hook for the gas cap tether), and release and it pops open. Push it in again to close.

Have fun with your new toys, cuz there are a lot of them!
I wish there are a list of the voice commands available... I don't have the nav so maybe i don't have more voice commands than the phone functions...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't like the fact that if the kids are watching a DVD, I can't listen to a CD.

Useless fact: Trunk will fit 6 two-fours of beer flat with rear seat up (it's a Canadian thing)

Don't like how inside door handle sticks out forcing me to put my oversized hands under it to access window control.

Took me two weeks to figure out how to answer the phone

·
Registered
830 Posts
decee said:
I don't like the fact that if the kids are watching a DVD, I can't listen to a CD.
Welcome in 2010, use a usb flash drive ![/color]

Useless fact: Trunk will fit 6 two-fours of beer flat with rear seat up (it's a Canadian thing)
Not for me...[/color]

Don't like how inside door handle sticks out forcing me to put my oversized hands under it to access window control.
It's your oversized hands the problem :p[/color]

Took me two weeks to figure out how to answer the phone
Not wise :p Only one button to memorise on the steering wheel with a phone on it ! There's also another one on the radio buttons also with a phone on it :)[/color]

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Shouldn't be answering or talking on the phone while driving. Too many of my friends have been killed by people talking on their cell phones while driving. Thank god GM didn't put a keyboard in the steering wheel for texting. Just saying.
Still hoping for a national anti cell phone law. Each day it seems to get closer to happening. Can't happen too soon for me.
Sorry for the doom and gloom, but peoples lives are MORE important than picking up a gallon of milk on your way home.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'm sorry to hear about your friends gary, but doesn't the hands-free feature (and headsets, etc.) stem from the "no cell phone while driving" laws? we don't have that law here but i think more issues are caused by people having to hold their cell phone while driving (which i think is what those laws are aimed at) versus actually talking (if that were the case, they would have to make a law where you can't talk to your passengers while driving, etc.).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
tbox, exactly my point. Every test ever done shows it's the concentration to the actual talking that is the problem. Just holding something in your hand isn't going to distract you one bit. It's the talking that's the problem. Haven't you been talking to a passenger and miss a turn? I sure have ....... a few times in fact. I'll bet everyone has at one time or another. it's human nature. Thankfully I don't drive very much with a passenger.
Last year I was talking to one of my salesmen(on a hands free cell) when all of a sudden he ran into the back of a car, just a fender bender, nothing serious.
One day when you are driving, watch some of these drivers on any type of cell phone. Some are screaming and yelling and waving their hands or yelling at there kids or holding a dog in their lap. Don't tell me they are 100% in control of their car. All the above are distractions.
When I drive I am constantly watching the cars all around me. I may have a CD playing, but I'm not constantly changing songs or stations...like my kids do. That drives me up a wall. Put the %$# radio on the station you want to listen to and leave it.

Sometime talk to a mother who last lost a child to a person on a cell phone. Ask her if it matters if they were on a hands free cell or not.
I can't understand why someone can't wait 5 or 10 minutes until they get home to call someone.
Off my soapbox now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
rant:
vehicle doesn't start, been at dealer longer than i've owned it.

rave:
for the first day and 90 miles i loved it!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Is it engine related? Do you have the 4 or 6?

So far I don't have any dislikes except for the air conditioner venting setup.

·
Registered
196 Posts
GARYD said:
Is it engine related? Do you have the 4 or 6?

So far I don't have any dislikes except for the air conditioner venting setup.
nope..electrical

V6

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
angelaLTZ said:
-i wish you could change channels on xm with the steering wheel control. if im wrong-please, tell me how.
The backup camera does take some time to get used to. Once you learn it, you'll find it best as an addition to your normal backup procedure, not a replacement.

The "dial" shaped control flips up and down through the stored favorites. Store your favorite XM channels then use the dial to flip through them.

The first few 100 miles or so you'll get the smell of manufacturing oil used to assemble the engine. It's normal. But yes, it does stink!

Would be nice, but not too missed. One thing to watch out for, don't roll the back windows down while moving as speed. The aerodynamics of this vehicle are so tight, that with those windows open and going fast you get a really loud buffeting from the air moving so closely to the side of the vehicle. Can't complain too much, because this tight air movement around it is one of the things that gives it 32 MPG.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just about any car will have that problem with the rear windows down. At least all my cars and a few othere here at the office have the problem. A real looooow rumble.
I love the smell of a new car. My son came in for fathers day Sunday and said the same thing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Opposite here.. The first day I was nauseous, 2-3 days I got a headache, now it's much better but I'm not good with new car smell. :(

GARYD said:
I love the smell of a new car. My son came in for fathers day Sunday and said the same thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts