GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to thank everyone on here for the help I've been able to get reading some of the posts on this forum. As a result, I ordered an SLT1 yesterday! Props to GM for winning over a lifetime Honda owner, with the 2010 Nox/Terrain, it seems as though GM has really stepped up their game! Test drove a 6 cylinder, and was impressed with how quiet it was. Overall, a really impressive vehicle. Looked at a Accord Crosstour and a CRV, and they weren't nearly as nice, and $4K or $5K more for a similarly equipped model. And this is coming from someone who really wanted to favor the CRV - I just couldn't!

I ordered an SLT1 with AWD and the 2.4, because everyone's been raving about how good the 4 cylinder is. The Terrain also ended up being cheaper than the Nox, when looking at the SLT1 trim. To get leather, you have to step up to the fully loaded Nox, which was a couple K more.

Only 2 minor gripes. GM, put block heaters in as standard, at least for vehicles shipping to Canada. Or at least include them in the purchase price for us Canadians. Considering the impressive standard features, I'm still baffled why I'm billed $100 every time for a block heater (don't worry, Honda does it too). Secondly, the bluetooth radio doesn't do stereo bluetooth (playing music over bluetooth) (at least as far as I could figure with the showroom model). C'mon guys, if you're going to include bluetooth, include the ability to play music over bluetooth (which all newer phones, eg. iphone, support). This is either disabled in the software of the radio, or GM opted to save $2.34 on a cheaper bluetooth chip in the radio. Cmon guys. At least there's aux and USB. No biggy though.

It's a factory order because of the config and the Jewel Merlot paint (red). It'll still be 2 or 3 months. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Way to go! :) We looked at the Honda Element and then directly went to GMC and test drove the Terrain. It was heads and tails better. We were blown away at the quality, features, and the salesperson was phenominal! All we can say is "We are buying AMERICAN???" GMC has really done a great job and is going to be the forerunner for sure with this model.

We are downsizing from 2 cars to one and got the SLT-2 with the V6 and Nav. Nothing else optional. We actually only had to wait about 2 weeks for it to come in and pick it up on Sat. I can report any quirks, but from the hour long test drive, I'm sure there won't be any...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello there everyone;

I just wanted to say that I too have ordered a new terrain. SLE-2 AWD Atlantic Blue in color , then I added the Heated seats and remote start, plus the rear Cargo cover. I'm looking at a mid to end January Delivery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts