GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do the stockers simply SUCK. both fronts and the rear just chatter wet or dry and dont do anything in winter climate.

What are any of you guys running as alternates?

replacements are 24"/19" up front and 13" out back? (didnt go measure - its -20*C and windy so im lazy) and the manual is in the glove box.

·
Registered
441 Posts
trico neoforms.......they were on sale at advance auto...save 10 bucks when you buy two.....so two good teflon blades for 30 bucks.....the rear i buy whatever is cheapest...doesnt get used much.....

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
gar187er said:
trico neoforms.......they were on sale at advance auto...save 10 bucks when you buy two.....so two good teflon blades for 30 bucks.....the rear i buy whatever is cheapest...doesnt get used much.....
FYi - check out Slickdeals.net - they describe a rebate for the neoforms.

BTW - what sizes did you get ? I couldn't find a neoform for the passenger side.

THX

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Cameron said:
Is it just me or do the stockers simply SUCK. both fronts and the rear just chatter wet or dry and dont do anything in winter climate.

What are any of you guys running as alternates?

replacements are 24"/19" up front and 13" out back? (didnt go measure - its -20*C and windy so im lazy) and the manual is in the glove box.
My manual for a 2010 Terrain has listed 24"(60cm) for drivers and 16.7"(42.5cm) for passenger
Purchased exact fits at Wal-mart 13 dollars a blade

·
Registered
748 Posts
I found out something really weird today. If you put the car in neutral, the rear wiper won't operate but the front ones work. Wonder why?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Its because the rear window it getting dirty when driving. If the wiper is running on a near dry surface it will force the motor for nothing. Its a smaller motor for the rear wiper.

·
Registered
748 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Its because the rear window it getting dirty when driving. If the wiper is running on a near dry surface it will force the motor for nothing. Its a smaller motor for the rear wiper.
Never thought about it like that. Definite possibility. But it's neat that it does it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cameron said:
Ok, I have a Nox, but I found the fronts were noisy during the first rain. But at some point during the first 20 minutes they quieted down to the point I forgot they had been noisy at all. Hopefully they'll stay quiet during the next rainstorm. My rear wiper hasn't made any noise that I noticed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Nox Blades

mnussbaum said:
Ok, I have a Nox, but I found the fronts were noisy during the first rain. But at some point during the first 20 minutes they quieted down to the point I forgot they had been noisy at all. Hopefully they'll stay quiet during the next rainstorm. My rear wiper hasn't made any noise that I noticed.
When I had the stock wipers on, they were also OK in a decent rain. Even when the windshield was
totally dry they were quiet. It's during a light rain with a damp windshield that they started acting up.
My rear wiper is also quiet at all times.

·
Registered
626 Posts
jsganz said:
It's during a light rain with a damp windshield that they started acting up.
I'll have to watch out for that, I haven't driven it in a light rain yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts