GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone buy a set of deflectors for their Terrain? I found this site with a good deal, any experience? thanks in advance.

its at AutoAnything.com (sorry I cant post links yet.) $69.95 with free shipping (all 4 windows)

·
Registered
441 Posts
sticky ones, or in channel?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I purchased a set on inchannels but never had the gots to install them.... i'm affraid that they will block the vision too much...

·
Registered
432 Posts
They are no worse than the huge A-pillars, you get used to them really quick.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
oracle said:
Dumb question..
What are those for? (I've seen them but I've never had them)
No such thing as dumb questions here.
We all had to ask one time or another LOL!
They are to deflect the rain/sleet/snow from entering your windows when you roll the windows down a couple of inches for ventilation or at the drive through, for example.
Handy for smokers or those who prefer a "breeze" instead of AC, too.
They work quite well, IMO.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Channel type. I dont even smoke, but I had them on my last vehicle and it was great for cracking the window when its raining, and keeping out the rain. Cameron, where did you get yours??

·
Registered
432 Posts
i got mine from ebay, it was a nightmare and thankfully the guy isn't a seller anymore. Supermat bought from the same guy.

Theres a few different sellers out there now. Shouldn't be too difficult to find.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I just ordered the deflectors and weathertech extreme floor mats (just the fronts) from autoanything.com. total was $187.90 free shipping. I will post with review when I receive them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just installed the deflectors...nice product and fit perfect...Looks very nice.
Also received the weathertech Extreme floor mats and they also look great and they fit perfect. cover the whole floor area and up nice and high behind the pedals. Only complaint would be with the 2-holes for the carpet hooks/snaps on driver side. I have the snaps on my vehicle. I just hope that rain/salt doesnt seep into the holes. The picture on the box shows the floor mat with no holes, just raised area where the hook/snaps are. I would have liked that better.

AutoAnything.com is very good. email communications of order and of shipping/tracking. Also quick,well packaged shipping.

·
Registered
114 Posts
really like the look of the in channel visors. Didn't know they were out yet. I didn't like the idea of covering up the chrome on the window trim.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
KANWAR said:
really like the look of the in channel visors. Didn't know they were out yet. I didn't like the idea of covering up the chrome on the window trim.
We got ours from the dealer and they mounted them on the outside.

The only pluses I can think of for mounting like that is the material inside the window frame that holds the glass flush in the upright position won't get ruined.
Even though the "in-channel" weather deflectors are only 3mm thick, that's 3 mm of material getting compressed by the "in-channel" weather deflector when the window is in the up position.

Should one decide to remove the deflectors, it's likely there'll be a permanent 3mm gap when the window is rolled up which may cause wind noise or rattling, I dunno.

Also, the exterior ones continue along the entire length of rear window, whereas the "in-channel" ones stop where the rear "opera" window starts, 4/5 of the way back.

Other than that, the in-channel ones do look great and offer better visibility than our externally mounted ones.
The externally mounted weather deflectors really block a lot of left/right view when turning.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alot of vehicles use the in-channel visors..never heard any complaints on causing issues with the window/channel..My last vehicle (Chevy HHR) the dealer was using in-channel deflectors..very costly, i went with the outside aftermarket type, and was happy with them, just liked the clean look of the in-channel that I saw on the other vehicles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had in-channel avs in my last car (scion xb) and it was about 3 weeks before the window caught the visor on the way up and cracked it in half. Not sure if it was installation or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh, not good...will have to watch for that....thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
just got set of in channel vents for xmas............what should the outside temperture be for installalation?........

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just ordered a set of AVS off eBay for a little over 60 after tax. Hope I have better luck with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did mine on 12/19- it was about 20 degrees...no problems, except the driver side rear edge didn't stick well..might have been because the channel that I swiped with alcohol wipe might not have dried fully. All the other 3M tape (to include the long portion on the top of the shield and the front tab) seems to have adhered well. I just pulled the driver side visor off the car yesterday and put a new strip of 3M tape on it, ensured the channel was dry, and reinstalled it. So far, so good...

·
Registered
83 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts