GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have a 2007 Ford Escape 4WD that the Lease expires on in a couple of months. Real interested in a Terrain. I've been happy with the Escape but its not very interesting. Looking for something new. Just wondering how the two compare to each other? Seems to be a big difference in price for one. Any comments? Cheers.

Bill.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Bill,

I agree 100% with Snowitch on all points. We have a FWD I4 Equinox version. It shines miles above all other small 'Utes on the market today. Keep in mind the gearing is set for fuel economy, and you'll love this vehicle.

If you go through some of the negative sides in some posts here, you'll see they are simple preferences, and not true problems. Like for instance I agree with Snow on the lack of Homelink. And I'm thinking of upgrading the headlights a bit. But overall it's a great vehicle.

Our little 4 banger is the perfect SUV for my wife and her needs. She is completely enamored with the confidence it gives her on the road, in all weather conditions. I've driven it in snow and ice too (actually drove it home in a snow storm the night we purchased it!) and it's amazing how easy the SUV controls the road for the driver.

The reviewers have stated that the Equinox's/Terrain's are priced a tad higher than the competition. From what I see in the improvements though, I think it was worth every penny. And, in a couple of months some more incentives might appear for purchasing one, so keep your eye's peeled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the comments gents! I would like an Edge but the cost is just out of reach for me since I plan to buy rather than lease again. Didn't really look at the Equinox but it sure looks nice and is price quite reasonably. It appears to be slightly larger than an Escape which is what I'm looking for this time around. The Terrain compares to the Edge in size but price wise, Terrain wins it for me. Will have to drive and decide. Cheers.

Bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts