GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Recalls Completed: NAV System, Power Steering Sleeve Insp & Defroster

Thanks sjhanlon.
We're going to get a an oilchange, the trans reprogram and fuel evap jumper done shortly.
Will post back on our experience as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Wow sjhanlon, what a load of bull from the dealer. Not only did they perform a service you didn't ask for (every dealership I've ever been to, ~ever~, has you sign off on the service they're going to perform first), but they did a poor quality job and essentially lied. I can see a 3rd party dealer or repair shop missing the TPMS, but that should never happen at a GM dealership. Mental note *sign off on any work that you want them to do first*.

You can always write a quick letter to GM as well. It's this sort of thing that they really have to buck up on if they're going to substantially change their image.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recall fuel injection

Due to this forum I went to see my dealer and told them about the recall for the rear defoster and they told me there was 2 recall,
rear defroster and inspection for fumes from the injections
They call me to be at the service thuesday the 16 for the recall.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Here's our invoice (I can't believe we actually filed something in the right place...hahaha).
As stated in the OP (original post) I believe the 1st item was for the defroster issue and the 3rd was to upgrade the NAV, something like that anyway.

EDIT: just noticed--
09221 is for NAV update.
09298 states
"heating and windshield defrost inoperative -- replace computer module[/color]"
So there you have it, they replace the computer module in 0.2 hours, which doesn't sound like they take much out at all to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts

I havn't done the nav recall yet.

gearhead said:
Remember now, the recall was only for the defroster.

The power steering sleeve check was not a recall but a campaign item.

The NAV system upgrade was probably an enhancement.
We took home the vehicle in late Sept./09, so there may have been a NAV cars update available since then and your vehicle may already tires have had the update at the factory?

Just guessing...

·
Registered
48 Posts
The recall was easy and the service dep had it complete in 45 min. No notice of any work done on informant system. No rattles ball good!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.