GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Recalls Completed: NAV System, Power Steering Sleeve Insp & Defroster

So I was on the phone with GM Canada about the "Windshield Washer Warning Warning not working/existing" and the woman tell me that there are 5 outstanding recalls for my Terrain. I had actually gotten a letter in the mail this morning telling me about the rear defroster one and called the dealership to make the apt for the 10th. Anyway - I call back the dealership and the rep says "Holy Cow! There was 1 recall there when I looked this morning - now there are 4 more".

1) Well known defroster, etc issue
2) Fuel Tank Vent Jumper (needs to order parts)
3) Transmission Calibrate
4) Navigation System Upgrade
5) Power Steering Line Sleve

I had heard of #1, #4 but have not heard of the others?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Terrain said:
You have the 4-banger, right? I haven't heard of any transmission programming upgrades for the 6 yet.
Nope - V6, SLT-2

·
Registered
36 Posts

NY_Joe said:
My local dealer doesn't see anything. The dealer I bought it from are working with me to find the issue and recall/TSB#. If you have any info, can you post it.

Thanks.
Joe
If you call GM Customer Service they have the numbers/details (I called GM Canada and she told me they should have it in the US as well).

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts

NY_Joe said:
Any update?
Sorry for the delay - it was not a great experience at the dealership yesterday.

So the Terrain was schedule to have the 5 recalls taken care of, tires rotated and oil change. Dropped it off at 7:30am. I told them I had to get my son at Daycare for 5pm. 4:30pm and I still had not recevied a call. So I called them and they said they were having problems performing one of the recall items (Nav System Update). On the invoice it says "Service Update for Inventory & Cust Vehicles with Navigation. System Update - Expires w/ Base Warr. Was unable to perform Recall #09221A Due to PC Module Down. Need to re-book for another appt. Anyway - they said they would send someone to get me. When I got to the dealer they said I owed $117.41. I said "That's a pretty expensive oil change.. no?". She said - Oh - they also did the semi-annual maintenace package ($59.00). I told her I didn't even have the truck 2 months yet?? None the less - I paid and went to leave. When I got out to the truck and started it the Low Tire Pressure light came on. It said left rear tire was low. I went back in and they said to bring it back in to the lube garage. That left rear tire was fine. But the front right was low. They rotated the tires but never re-programmed the TPMS on each tire to show the new location after rotation. I said this "$59.00 Semi-Annual" check was bull crap. I had a paper showing some guy checking off each box saying everything was perfect and all 4 tires had perfect pressure and correctly set TPMS. Finally they admitted they never actually checked the tires nor did they program the TPMS on each tire. They just rotated them. Also, the Windshield wash was empty so they could check the "No windshield wash warning" again. The truck still has no windshield wash even though the same sheet that said ""Windshield Wash Top Up" was checked off. Same answer for no low warning was "Terrain does not come with it". They offered a free oil change.... anyway - just had to vent about that. Back to the recall items:

Here is what it says:

1) Heat and Defrost Inop - Con #434047. Replaced computer module (Mass electronics). V2181-0.0
2) P/S Line Sleeve - 09334 - Service update for inventory and cust vehicles. 9090 Tech Bulliten. V2178
3)Trans Cal Update - Service update - Transmission Cal Update - ECM Code 1118F. TCM#181D2 - Reprogramm ECM
4) Nav Update - Listed above at beginning of post
5) EVAP EMM DIAG - Part Ordered - Install Evap Jumper Hose & Program ECM - Part 20941961 - Hose 031200

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.