GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Re: Recalls Completed: NAV System, Power Steering Sleeve Insp & Defroster

SnowItch said:
Does Mrs.....Gearhead know what you are calling her in public???
You should only know what your wife calls you in public. :p

·
Premium Member
318 Posts

gearhead said:
Here's a quick thanks from our Family to the Members and Staff here for all of the useful information and hard work that goes into keeping a forum database clean and functional.
We've learned a lot in a short time and hopefully will be here for a long time to share our experiences as well.

The gearhead Family!
What goes around comes around. I am sure in due time, you will be adding information to the site that will help other members...So thanks in advance.

;D

·
Premium Member
318 Posts

sjhanlon said:
Anyway - I call back the dealership and the rep says "Holy Cow! There was 1 recall there when I looked this morning - now there are 4 more".

1) Well known defroster, etc issue
2) Fuel Tank Vent Jumper (needs to order parts)
3) Transmission Calibrate
4) Navigation System Upgrade
5) Power Steering Line Sleve

I had heard of #1, #4 but have not heard of the others?
My local dealer doesn't see anything. The dealer I bought it from are working with me to find the issue and recall/TSB#. If you have any info, can you post it.

Thanks.
Joe

·
Premium Member
318 Posts

sjhanlon said:
If you call GM Customer Service they have the numbers/details (I called GM Canada and she told me they should have it in the US as well).

Cheers
I called. What a waste of 45 minutes. They would only look up by VIn and nothing came up. They saw the Fuel Tank Vent Jumper but said it did not fall under my VIN. I explained how I smell gas everyday and my garage stinks. I think I know what I am smelling. They refused to do anyhting b.c my VIn wasn;t associated.

I spoke to a supervisor and they said that there was a Service BUlliten (not technical) #09333 for Evaporative Emissions Diagnostic. I could take to my dealer and they will look at it. They won't pay for rental until it is diagnosed as a warranty issue. 600 miles....it better be a warranty issue. So I am going to the deale rby my house who is incompetent as the day is long. That is Thursday.

I called the dealer I bought from and they said through my VIN Bulliten #10091 came up but she has no idea what it is. Waiting to find Service Manager. Is there anywhere I can look to find what these are?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts

sjhanlon said:
So I was on the phone with GM Canada about the "Windshield Washer Warning Warning not working/existing" and the woman tell me that there are 5 outstanding recalls for my Terrain. I had actually gotten a letter in the mail this morning telling me about the rear defroster one and called the dealership to make the apt for the 10th. Anyway - I call back the dealership and the rep says "Holy Cow! There was 1 recall there when I looked this morning - now there are 4 more".

1) Well known defroster, etc issue
2) Fuel Tank Vent Jumper (needs to order parts)
3) Transmission Calibrate
4) Navigation System Upgrade
5) Power Steering Line Sleve

I had heard of #1, #4 but have not heard of the others?
Any update?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.