GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers-side rear door seems like it takes an extra 'oomph' to get it to shut all the way.
I will close it, get in, seat belt up, and then notice the 'door ajar' symbol on the DIC.

Not sure if it is cabin pressure or what, but I have to make sure and give it an extra hard push to ensure it shuts all the way.

Any one else seeing this on their Terrain?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, with the other doors and windows closed, the rear doors are harder to close...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have noticed the same. Particularly the driver's side rear door. Thankfully the computer display warns that it is not fully closed before I drive off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have noticed this as well on my 'Nox, glad to see it's not just me... Wonder if it latches different from the front due to the auto-child lock function?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife mentioned something about the drivers side rear door being hard to shut....I thought maybe it was just her not shutting it right...till I read this post...by the way...I or we both noticed the rear hatch taking extra effort to close...I give it a pretty good slam, looks /sounds like it shut all the way..and lo and behold....when we get in to go...the DIC shows tailgate ajar....ughhhh!!! Maybe have to see if the dealer can adjust it or something...other than that....A GREAT RIDE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife picked up her Terrain this weekend and I noticed the same thing about all the doors is that they take a little extra to shut. I would think that it is a combination of fresh seals and the fact that the fewer air leaks the cabin has the quieter the ride and the better the heating / ac performance. I would be curious to see if the force required to shut the doors decreases with time of if this was by design. With all the checks and rechecks at the factory I would doubt that the doors / latches will be improperly adjusted. Especially with as many people that have commented about this already.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is one of the first things I noticed. The rear doors are definitely harder to shut than the front. I believe a testament to how well the vehicle is built with triple door seals and small gaps.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I just think it is a solid fit and seal.

Kind of reminds me of my BMW 3 series from back in the day.

The doors on that car closed solid. Kind of like a vapor seal. If I remember correctly, the windows used to come down a fraction of an inch to allow the door to close a little bit easier.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'm glad this was posted. i've experienced the same issue with my wife getting in the back (with our baby) and almost every time, i have to tell her to shut her door again. she'll be glad to know it's not just her...lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
I experience this as well... there was a bit of discussion on GMI Forums as well.

I think the doors are a bit 'springy' because of the seals, as someone else mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe if the Seals are that tight and cabin is so air tight..Maybe it floats?? Hey Islander drive it into one of the many retention ponds we have here in Florida and see if it floats like a boat,hehe..(just funning) ;D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
nitti48 said:
Maybe if the Seals are that tight and cabin is so air tight..Maybe it floats?? Hey Islander drive it into one of the many retention ponds we have here in Florida and see if it floats like a boat,hehe..(just funning) ;D
Yes, then we could drop the driveshaft from the rear differential housing, attach a prop...

Ummm, wait, no driveshaft as in years of yore.
Never mind.
;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
LMAO..Thanks for that pic........ ;D

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've noticed similar issues with my Traverse. Closing the last door can sometimes be a surprise when it doesn't shut as you would expect.

Personally, I'd prefer to NOT have a sealed cabin. Air flow is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
ROTFLMAO ;D
nitti48 said:
LMAO..Thanks for that pic........ ;D
LMAO, ya right!
I'm a little worried now, where the heck is Islander???
:'(

;D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Narg said:
I've noticed similar issues with my Traverse. Closing the last door can sometimes be a surprise when it doesn't shut as you would expect.

Personally, I'd prefer to NOT have a sealed cabin. Air flow is a good thing.
One would think perhaps fresh air is always coming in through the vents, at least when the ignition is "on"?
Of course, you could choose "recirculate" which would really seal the cabin in?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same here, drivers side rear door does take a little more force.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup my rear driver door displays this behavior as well. Don't know about the passenger side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here, driver side rear door takes a pretty good slam to get it shut the first time. Seals? Springy door? Air pressure? Why only the rear driver side?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts