GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camera was in the truck all night, maybe a little cold or maybe I was shaking from the cold LOL!
Anyway, here's some pics of the cargo net, cargo organizer and rear splash guards (mud flaps).
Click or double ciick to see full size.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more (only 4 pics allowed per/post).
Man, does baby need a bath or what!!!
LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks good..I was wondering if cloth grocery bags would fit in the Cargo Organizer??On my rav4 had the 2 bars in the back with netting in between to hold the grocery bags but this looks like it might do the trick..Did u order from Dealer??

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SnowItch said:
They look good. Did you install?

If so, did it require drilling?
Price included install.
I think you save $10 if you do it yourself.
I remember salesman telling me drilling was not required, but it's hard to tell.
I was concerned it would void our "lifetime rust proof" warranty, one clause being no drilling into body parts.
He assured me that since they were GM parts, and no drilling, there would be no worries (hey, he's a salesman, right LOL).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nitti48 said:
Looks good..I was wondering if cloth grocery bags would fit in the Cargo Organizer??On my rav4 had the 2 bars in the back with netting in between to hold the grocery bags but this looks like it might do the trick..Did u order from Dealer??
We just got back from groceries and 3-4 bags fit no problem.
The dividers easily fold up/down and all dividers attach with velcro, so you can configure it in seconds any way you like, from 1 to 5 or 6 compartments, something like that.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
gearhead said:
Price included install.
I think you save $10 if you do it yourself.
I remember salesman telling me drilling was not required, but it's hard to tell.
I was concerned it would void our "lifetime rust proof" warranty, one clause being no drilling into body parts.
He assured me that since they were GM parts, and no drilling, there would be no worries (hey, he's a salesman, right LOL).
If it was like Acadia,it goes in existing holes.

The only thing is that the rear tire may have to come off.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NY_Joe said:
If it was like Acadia,it goes in existing holes.

The only thing is that the rear tire may have to come off.[/color]
That's what I was thinking, and $10 saves me having to wrench 10 nuts, never mind jacking the little beast up and muscling around some 19" tires and rims LOL!

·
Registered
35 Posts
yup....no drilling. But there was a couple screws that go into the plastic bottom panel on the Terrain, they just make their own threads and screw right in with a screw gun, and the other holes line up with the existing plastic clips that are already there, just remove them, slide in the tinnerman clip, and insert the screw...thats alll there is to it. The front ones went in without removing the wheels, no problem. Had to remove the rear wheels for the back guards though.

Dan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Front and rear splash guards installation

Anyone install themselves yet?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Front and rear splash guards installation

redlight_005 said:
Anyone install themselves yet?
I think I'll pick some up for the front.
If no tire removal is required, I should have them installed by the weekend.
If I order today before 3pm, dealer should have them in tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hmmm... now that I see the rear ones installed they don't look so bad. I thought the GMC logo on them would be unsightly. I take it you can't get the OEM ones without "GMC" on them.

I only put the front ones on my Sierra because of the cheesy lettering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installing Splash Guards

The cost of front and rear splash guards are $89.00 With Dealer install they come to over $200.00 How difficult are they to install? I would like to save the over $100.00 cost to the Dealer.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
TOPICS MERGED.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Front and rear splash guards installation

gearhead said:
I think I'll pick some up for the front.
If no tire removal is required, I should have them installed by the weekend.
If I order today before 3pm, dealer should have them in tomorrow.
Placed the order today.
I must have been thinking of something else, apparently the splash guards are 4-7 days.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Installing Splash Guards

cremaley said:
The cost of front and rear splash guards are $89.00 With Dealer install they come to over $200.00 How difficult are they to install? I would like to save the over $100.00 cost to the Dealer.
Wow, I didn't know that!
Here's a screenshot off a dealer site in Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer quoted me $93.00 each for front and rear set +$120.00 installation AND said they were not currently available with delivery estimate of 21 days. I ordered from a storefront on ebay and had the full set in three days for under $90.00 with shipping. Installed the fronts this evening in about 20 minutes (including gathering tools and figuring out how everything went together). Will tackle the rears tomorrow evening. I think I can get them on without removing the wheels using fingertip screwdriver, etc.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
skyracer said:
Dealer quoted me $93.00 each for front and rear set +$120.00 installation AND said they were not currently available with delivery estimate of 21 days. I ordered from a storefront on ebay and had the full set in three days for under $90.00 with shipping. Installed the fronts this evening in about 20 minutes (including gathering tools and figuring out how everything went together). Will tackle the rears tomorrow evening. I think I can get them on without removing the wheels using fingertip screwdriver, etc.
That's great, skyracer, they look fantastic and are quite functional.
Our front set of splash guards came in last week.
Dealer installed them when we dropped off vehicle to address a couple of other things.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've been thinking of getting a set of the splashguards myself. Just want to clarify that these things go on without screwing into any painted surface or anything that would allow rust to develop.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Terrain said:
I've been thinking of getting a set of the splashguards myself. Just want to clarify that these things go on without screwing into any painted surface or anything that would allow rust to develop.

Thanks
Had a set for Acadia and just picked up the one for Terrain. They go into pre-existing holes used for body mouldings.

Once the weather allows, I am going to install and take pictures.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.