GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems everything I read wants to put the Terrain/Nox in a compact SUV/CUV category. We get compared against a RAV4, CRV, etc., etc. Now I've not sat down and done size, weight comparisons at all, but certainly looked at a few articles that always put us with those vehicles for comparison purposes. But when you pull into a parking space next to one of those, at least we certainly LOOK bigger, and since I had a CRV when they first came out, the Terrain certainly FEELS and DRIVES bigger. Anyone else out there think like me or am I just delusional...again?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Overall, GM cars and trucks seem to "drive bigger". At least from my experience. I kind of like that too. Many reviewers like to bash GM on this and other similar effects, but I think they are missing the point. One I read yesterday would go on and on about the electric steering assist in the I4 models. They said it removed the road feel, and made high speed driving harder. I couldn't disagree enough on this statement. I think the steering in the GM product with electric assist (we've owned 2) is fantastic at any speed. A big win for GM on engineering and results.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed Narg. I've got the I4 and really like the feel of the electrically assisted steering. I've never felt out of contact with the road and it sure does work in the parking lot...no muscling involved.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know that my Rav4 Limited is lighter than the Terrain..and when i test drove the I-4 like someone said it seems to drive Bigger than the Rav..more legroom and more height..Just looks bigger too...

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
Part of it may be GM trying to position into a higher sales numbers market live the RAV4, CRV, Escape, etc. Alos, it is closer in price to those.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the Terrain would be the biggest in class of small SUVs. It would be the smallest of the mid-size SUVs. I had a Murano before my Terrain and my wife has a Rogue now. The Terrain is smaller then the Murano for sure, but much larger then the Rogue, especially in the front seat, not that I ever ride in the backs seats to compare. This is the 1st US car I've bought in a very long time and I love it, though I wish it had the CVT, which was so smooth in the Murano and improved MPG over a standard tranny, even a 6 speed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It also seems a lot of car sites/magazines tend to rate by rows of seating. The 2 rows are generally "small CUV" where the 3 rows like the traverse are "mid CUV". I wouldn't call any crossover "large", at least not yet. At least not in the Suburban sense of large.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts