GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I just purchased a 2012 Terrain SLE-2 Carbon Black Metallic, FWD, 4-cyl. I'm quite impressed with the layout and overall design of the Terrain. I'm very tall at 6'5" and I fit comfortably with plenty of leg room in both the front and back. At 31 years old this is my first NEW car. Until today I've never spent over $5k on any vehicle. I traded my 2000 Subaru Outback with leaky head gaskets and can't be happier. I'm sure I will find this forum very useful in the future and look forward to finding out the pros and cons of my most recent decision.

Anything I should know right off the bat? Less than 100 miles on her right now. TIA :thumb:

Pete

·
Registered
241 Posts
slim8132 said:
Hello all.

I just purchased a 2012 Terrain SLE-2 Carbon Black Metallic, FWD, 4-cyl. I'm quite impressed with the layout and overall design of the Terrain. I'm very tall at 6'5" and I fit comfortably with plenty of leg room in both the front and back. At 31 years old this is my first NEW car. Until today I've never spent over $5k on any vehicle. I traded my 2000 Subaru Outback with leaky head gaskets and can't be happier. I'm sure I will find this forum very useful in the future and look forward to finding out the pros and cons of my most recent decision.

Anything I should know right off the bat? Less than 100 miles on her right now. TIA :thumb:

Pete
Awesome choice! Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the forum. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Lots of good info. here from troubleshooting to mods.

My Hubby as well - starting driving from a very young illegal age ha - and didn't buy a brand new vehicle till he was 34.
I've told him he's just a tight a*#, he says, he's just being frugal lol

Happy motoring!! :thumb:[/color]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
POLRCUB said:
Welcome and :thumb:Lots of good info. here from troubleshooting to mods.

My Hubby as well - starting driving from a very young illegal age ha - and didn't buy a brand new vehicle till he was 34.
I've told him he's just a tight a*#, he says, he's just being frugal lol

Happy motoring!! :thumb:[/color]
HAHA. Yes, frugal is a good word for it. Also, very optimistic and investment driven. I've always considered buying a new car a bad investment, however, I've had good luck with some great buys over the past 10 years. I still don't like owing people money for anything, but it's better than not having a car and also much better than having to maintain each one myself just to save cost. I'm not married and own my own house. It's just another bill I gotta pay but at least I don't have to worry about maintaining for at least another 3-5 years due to the warranty. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!! Awesome color as well!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
slim8132 said:
Hello all.

Pete
I have a similar Terrain (see signature) I love it..as many posts here on this board will attest.. your mpg average will improve over time

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a pic I took of my new ride. First time in the driveway, still clean until today when it rained all day.

I'm already looking at aftermarket parts as customizing is always part of the fun! I'm going to buy the shark fin antenna and I'm looking at buying some type of cargo mat for the trunk. Also might buy the cargo cover that didn't come with the car. I'm gonna give it a few weeks, but I also plan to de-badge it and remove the pin stripe. Sometime this summer I'll put an intake on it, and maybe replace the grille with something simple and clean (no bling lol)

My buddy wants to know if the Cadillac CTS-V wheels would fit on our Terrain's. Has anyone ever tried?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase Pete! Welcome to the forum. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me if any questions arise. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Congratulations on the purchase Pete! Welcome to the forum. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me if any questions arise. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Thanks Tricia. I hope to never have to use you as an option, but I'm glad you're on here as it may make any issues that much more streamlined!

Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to ask, how many miles did you have on your outback? i just traded in my 100,000mi legacy (with leaky head gaskets) for the Terrain.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
slim8132 said:
My buddy wants to know if the Cadillac CTS-V wheels would fit on our Terrain's. Has anyone ever tried?
Well, bolt pattern is the same - 5-120 but the offset is off - ours are 46, and the CTS-V fronts are 57 offset and the wheel rim is 9 inches which is two inches wider than the Terrain so I would say not likely.
The CTS-V rears have a 64 offset on a 10.5 in rim so definetly not,,,[/color]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats and good luck! I just got my Terrain and traded in my 1998 Toyota Rav4 (yes I drove a high school girls car) and couldn't be happier. While it was not brand new with 0 miles, this is my first new car purchase as well. I'm with ya in the finally breaking more than $5k on a car purchase :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
POLRCUB said:
Well, bolt pattern is the same - 5-120 but the offset is off - ours are 46, and the CTS-V fronts are 57 offset and the wheel rim is 9 inches which is two inches wider than the Terrain so I would say not likely.
The CTS-V rears have a 64 offset on a 10.5 in rim so definetly not,,,[/color]
****... maybe a look alike then lol.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
slim8132 said:
****... maybe a look alike then lol.
Remember, if you post your last 8 digits of your VIN someone will be able to help you with your issue (in less than 12 months on average) and then you'll be good to go :thumb:[/color]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts