GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just grabbed a 2013 Terrain SLT that I'm thrilled w/. It has the right design and proper touch of rugged luxury. I imagine this has been asked a number of times, but who has actually painted the bottom of their Terrain to resemble the Denali? And if so please provide pics. I've also been searching day and night and thought I'd ask if anyone has been able to locate and purchase Chrome in-channel window visors for the Terrain? All the out-channel looks horrendous to me and you would never want to cover up the already existing chrome on your Terrain. I've even considered buying some smoke in-channels and painting then chrome, but those results I've researched have provided very mixed out comes I don't want to chance because after painting you cannot handle them. I thank you in advance for your well valued and highly appreciated responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks beautiful. This is the way and even removing the badges is nice. Did you drop it also and why not paint the front air dam?

·
Registered
244 Posts
It is dropped 3 inches, At the time of pic, I just hadn't done from yet

The drop, is done by a limited set of springs that were offered on here, and I bought them used. It was 2 1/2 inch drop but over time they relaxed a little more

All badges are off, All chrome is off expcept window trim which I want to black out. Chrome is either removed or color matched. Door handles replaced, Mirrors replaced, rack removed, Hitch removed. Passenger doors back are now limo tint, Billet grill, Shark fin antenna, Resonator removed

·
Registered
2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 3.6L
21 Posts
Never thought I would see a "dumped" Terrain, but it looks fantastic!....very So Cal. I'm actually thinking of going the opposite way with my 2013 SLE-2. Not necessarily lifting it (if that is even possible), but going with more of an Outlander look.
Outback style roof rack basket with possible PIIA light system, off-road tires, upgraded side cladding, magna flow exhaust, etc. Never have seen one but everyone can have a pipe dream!.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never thought I would see a "dumped" Terrain, but it looks fantastic!....very So Cal. I'm actually thinking of going the opposite way with my 2013 SLE-2. Not necessarily lifting it (if that is even possible), but going with more of an Outlander look.
Outback style roof rack basket with possible PIIA light system, off-road tires, upgraded side cladding, magna flow exhaust, etc. Never have seen one but everyone can have a pipe dream!.
Yah Mane, he did it right. Especially by removing the roof rack. I would seriously consider a drop also, but I live in Pittsburgh not So-Cal and need the ground clearance for our Winters here. The truck is rugged and versatile enough to look good and still satisfy your needs. A mean arse grill would go far in accomplishing this. My battle has been not to go too far and overboard w/ the chrome. I'm trying to bring out the luxury elements of the Terrain. but not be gaudy. I think I'm able to accomplish this by maintaining the long lines of the chrome uninterrupted by mods such as the chrome pillars which looks a little choppy. I've also searched the world over for chrome in-channel wind deflectors to no avail. By Googling photos and observing what works will save you alot of money, time and disappointment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've really never been a big fan of the chrome. That big slab above our front grille and the rear tailgate trim between the rear tail lights is enough for me!.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is dropped 3 inches, At the time of pic, I just hadn't done from yet

The drop, is done by a limited set of springs that were offered on here, and I bought them used. It was 2 1/2 inch drop but over time they relaxed a little more

All badges are off, All chrome is off expcept window trim which I want to black out. Chrome is either removed or color matched. Door handles replaced, Mirrors replaced, rack removed, Hitch removed. Passenger doors back are now limo tint, Billet grill, Shark fin antenna, Resonator removed
About how much can I expect to pay for the painting of Rocker panel and other lower body moldings such as you have done for the Denali effect?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't painted or altered anything as of yet. I was just commenting on the route I would like to take with my Terrain. But I would imagine it wouldn't be a huge chunk of cash if you removed the rockers and door moldings yourself (just attached by push clips and screws I'd assume) and took them to a good body shop where they would spray them for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts