GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waited since August to pick this Up!! I think I could have ordered a Ferrari and got it quicker ::) . Had the dealership throw the new wheels on while I did the mound of paperwork. I'm happy with how she looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Very nice ! Congrats !

What wheels model is it ? They fit really good !

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Very nice ! Congrats !

What wheels model is it ? They fit really good !
New Camaro ! They do look nice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Supermat64! Thanks, The wheels are actually 18inch Camaro LT wheels that come on the 6cyl. I had them Permachromed after I got them. Offset is +38mm and the rim is 7.5 wide. I think the spoke thickness is just right for an SUV ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very nice...congratulations!!...Your vehicle looks really smart....love those wheels!!

:)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It's hard sometimes getting the right wheel (look) to go with the truck...

Very nicely done!! 8)

Looks really good! [/color]

·
Registered
48 Posts
About time you got your terrain, see I told you we'd get ours at the same time. Got mine this past fri.
Looking good.
Question though- When you buy rims like so do you keep your rims that came with the terrain or does the dealership
keep them and offer you a discount on the ones you but from them??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lucky19,
I purchased these wheels on my own through US Wheel Exchange. I then told the dealership that they needed to put my new wheels on as part of the purchasing deal, so I did get my OEM wheels back.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congrats, dogger!
That is some kinda sharp to say the least!
8)
May it bring you miles of smiles with no trials!
;D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all!

I can honestly say that because of the people on this forum I believe there just may be some hope left in this cold, cruel world. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
She looks beautiful--love the rims!

·
Registered
207 Posts
dogger37 said:
Waited since August to pick this Up!! I think I could have ordered a Ferrari and got it quicker ::)
That's a crazy long time, it only took 6 weeks for my Terrain to get built and delivered.

Nice and the wheels look really good on the Terrain.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice looking SHOES ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Couple of questions. Do these just bolt on? No hub grinding or hub rings? What about lug nuts, Camaro or just reuse stock ones?

They look good and seem to fit perfectly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They bolt right on, hubs are fine, could use the stock ones but they are open ended and the studs would be subjected to the weather. Also the factory lugs are not chrome so they look kinda funny. MUST use the Camaro lug nuts with the 2010-2011 Camaro wheels. GM created some half ass, oddball large conical seat that is bigger than any standard lug nut in the universe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
very nice.... I am thinking of after market wheel... I have 18" factory now, thinking of going to a 20"... I had 22" on my rover.. very low tire profile.. that was in Florida, now I am on long island so I cant go with the low tire profile.. to many pot holes here :( would love to see more photos.. any thoughts of what height wheel is best?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bumn,
I personally prefer a rather large dia wheel on a vehicle, however with the Terrain being my everyday driver and the fact that I drive 40,000 plus a year I had to take many things into account. Bigger wheels weight more and have smaller sidewalls which is going to affect MPG and ride quality. I had 26's on my 07 Denali and although it looked awesome I spent most of the time that I was driving dodging the potholes in Pa. I felt the 18's were the best choice for this vehicle and what I intend on doing with it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts