GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a brief search and didn't see this posted, so thought i'd go ahead with it:

i noticed a while back that there are refractions (i think that's the right term) from the projector headlights (for the record i have noticed these with both my HID bulbs and regular halogens) and i wanted to see if other Terrain owners had noticed this as well? they are in areas where it wouldn't affect surrounding traffic much, if at all. here's a rundown of what i've noticed:

> there is a small one on the ground to the side and back a little from each light (this is relatively common area to have this from what i've seen)
> there is a very faint vertical "bar" of light projected directly to the sides - i first noticed this driving at night on the freeway and passing an 18-wheeler; i could see this light on the side of his trailer.
> the last is projected very high up and a good ways to the sides of the lights. again, driving on the highway at night, i noticed these when in an area with trees very close on either side; i can also see the left one projected on the far left side of the ceiling of my garage (i park on the right side).

Anyway, i feel these are probably normal and just the way the lamps were set up, but i wanted to check with you all just in case there may be an issue down the road (the beams themselves are perfectly fine and bright). thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
1/2 i assume they are the squirrel finders.... most headlights even reflector housing have a small beam shooting ot the ground (side of the road)

3- is this toward where a road sign would normally be located?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts