GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read on here about a recall on Terrain headlamps not shining at proper angle (or something like that), but can't find it now. Today , I got a recall letter that my headlamps have a single point in them that may shine too bright and at the wrong angle? Also says, the parts are not available yet to fix this and I will be notified when they are.
I been driving this 2017 Terrain since it was brand new and that is four years. Personally, I am very happy with my headlamps and don't need anyone screwing around with them. The letter indicates that I must have this done. I really don't want to. Anyone else run into this problem.

Mark Frazier

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't bring it in then. I wouldn't want anyone to mess around with mine either if I was happy with them.
I had a 2009 Pontiac Vibe that was included on the huge Toyota gas pedal recall and I refused to bring the car in and was never bothered about it by anyone. Their fix was to add a spacer behind the pedal spring which had the affect of increasing the spring rate. This also had the unintended affect of making the pedal feel very springy and people that had it done complained that hitting any bump in the road caused them to stab the throttle. Hence I didn't bring mine in as I was happy the way it was and was not concerned about the unintended acceleration issue that drove the supposed fix.

Reactions: Mfrazier

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It's your car, your choice if you want the headlight recall done.
If your headlight lenses are starting to get cloudy then I would jump all over a free replacement though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep, threw that letter away. There is nothing wrong with my headlights and they are correctly adjusted. They do not Need to be touched and they will not even if the parts do ever come inor be available as it were.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Yeah, if your lamps are starting to haze, id take up the offer.
Once they haze and you clean them up with a kit, theyll haze again in x time. Dependant on how much sun they get.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There is nothing wrong with my headlights and they are correctly adjusted.
There is something wrong with them, hence the recall. If you read up on the recall, it is not something you will ever notice as the driver of the vehicle. It is something oncoming traffic would notice since there is excessive glare at a very specific angle.
Am I in any hurry to get them replaced when the parts are available? Nope. Will I let them replace them? Yep. Improper headlight aim, bulbs, distribution, and glare are things I despise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I read the recall that was put out by our friends at the gubment. If you choose to believe the propaganda that is your choice. My choice is to ignore their BS and not have my perfectly adjusted headlights touched.
modern cars have some incredible lighting, don’t ya just love how well you can see at night!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Seems odd that GM is getting picked on for this but Toyota.... not a peep on the gen 4.4 Rav4 headlights that achieved being both super bright to cause people to constantly flash you yet incredibly dim to the point of being useless. I know as I lived it for 12 months and was one of many reasons I pretty much of written Toyota off on my future purchasing options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I just received my letter from GMC today in the mail, stating that my vehicle is involved in the "GM noncompliance recall # N222363740", and that parts to repair my vehicle are not available, but when parts are available General Motors will send a follow up letter. So, it's just a matter of waiting for the parts to come in, and GM to send out the follow up letter

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's your car, your choice if you want the headlight recall done.
If your headlight lenses are starting to get cloudy then I would jump all over a free replacement though.
Exactly! I had 29,896 on my 17’ Terrain DinAli and love it, however my lenses are clouding up and I will be taking mine in when the parts are available. I received my letter a week ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My headlamps are in excellent condition and they don't seem to bother oncoming drivers ( no one flashes me), so I may not bother with the recall. I will see when they say the parts are in and what the repair involves.

Mark Frazier

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is something wrong with them, hence the recall. If you read up on the recall, it is not something you will ever notice as the driver of the vehicle. It is something oncoming traffic would notice since there is excessive glare at a very specific angle.
Am I in any hurry to get them replaced when the parts are available? Nope. Will I let them replace them? Yep. Improper headlight aim, bulbs, distribution, and glare are things I despise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought I read on here about a recall on Terrain headlamps not shining at proper angle (or something like that), but can't find it now. Today , I got a recall letter that my headlamps have a single point in them that may shine too bright and at the wrong angle? Also says, the parts are not available yet to fix this and I will be notified when they are.
I been driving this 2017 Terrain since it was brand new and that is four years. Personally, I am very happy with my headlamps and don't need anyone screwing around with them. The letter indicates that I must have this done. I really don't want to. Anyone else run into this problem.

Mark Frazier

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Not a peep about the Equinox?
My projector headlights work great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts