GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my ride in tomorrow for service. Gonna get the center compartment lid fixed, iPod software checked, rear license plate light replaced (just fell out), engine rattle checked, squeaky noise in rear hatch checked, and shifting checked. They are hooking me up with an Acadia or Enclave so that'll be good.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Acadia or Enclave. Nice.
I have the Traverse- the cousin to those.
I LOVE my Traverse. Be gentle when driving that bigger vehicle and it will treat you right.
I just did a 500 mile round trip- 6 on board.... the return trip- about 220 miles- I managed about 27 MPG.
Easy driving of course. But nonetheless attainable.

Were still looking at a Nox.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got an Acadia SLT. Has everything cept Nav, AWD and sunroof. Great vehicle, but it's a truck. Still messing with the seats to figure out the right position. Feel like I'm in a tank, even more than when I had my Sierra Crew. Not really my thing tho. After driving trucks and SUVs for the last 10 years, I think I'm ready for a car. Terrain has more of a car feel, so I dig it, but still certain truck things annoy me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratch that. It's been 14 years. My last car was a '98 V6 Firebird 5spd. From there I had a 99 S10 xcab, 97 4x4 Jimmy, 97 S10 Blazer, 2001 Sonoma xcab (zq8 baby!, V6), 09 Sierra Crew and now 11 Terrain. I'm thinking a CTS Wagon may be in my future....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it back today.
Tech said iPod software correct, couldn't duplicate. Fixed the center compartment and the license plate light.
Said they couldn't duplicate the "rattle sound", but replaced the camshaft actuator.
Found the squeak in the hatch and adjusted the contacts.
Could not duplicate the transmission shifting issue.
Said the vehicle was averaging 28mpg on the blvd.
Guess we'll see what happens from here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts