GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Terrain Gender Poll: Are you a man or woman?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bought the wife a G8 about 3 yrs ago. After I bought it I figured out how bad ass the G8 was so now I've bought my wife the Terrain and I got the G8 and plan to take it to the next level!! Stand on it till ya smell stink!!!!! Sorry, I voted male but the Terrain is my wife's main ride......Very cool ride I might add :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Poll Question: Terrain Gender Poll: Are you a man or woman?

Man 158 (84%)
Woman 30 (16%)

Total Voters: 187

·
Registered
29 Posts
Results are tainted.

The vehicle is definitely more popular with women, but it's typically a mans thing to join forums and chat about cars all day. Especially considering the thread that talked about previous vehicles being some pretty nice or powerful ones, and how having a nice car and joining a forum to "talk about it" or "show it off" goes hand in hand.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Terrain Gender Poll: Are you a man or woman?

Dunesrunner08 said:
Women buy the Nox. Men buy the terrain. Lol
Pretty much, yeah. I've been told the Terrain looks too much like a Hummer. ???

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a dude but I gotta say that I like the Nox's looks better than the Terrain. Don't get me wrong, the Terrain is nice and I like the front clip design but what is with the square wheel wells on Chevy and GMC Trucks (Terrain as well)?? IMHO, round tires do not look good in square wheel wells! No offense to any of my Terrain driving peeps, but it is my opinion, LOL...plus my Sister owns a 2012 Mocha Terrain, so I am not trying to disrespect any Terrain owners! Anyway, back on topic, I don't subscribe to the whole 'his and hers' design thing. One is a Chevy and one is a GMC...that's it. If the Nox is feminine and the GMC is masculine, what does that make the SRX? Metro Sexual? LOL!

I do however think that a lot of women buy and drive Nox's and Terrains because of the smaller CUV size and AWD availability. Another gender thing that I have noticed is that women tend to not care about modding their vehicles so this also explains why there isn't a lot of modding activity or aftermarket love for these vehicles. My wife primarily drives our Nox and she has zero interest in modding the vehicle! I have to sneak stuff in like the splash guards and vent visors and I think I am going to black out the Bowties one afternoon when she isn't looking, LOL! But in general, I don't think women find it fun to mod cars like us guys do!

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
RocketFoot said:
But in general, I don't think women find it fun to mod cars like us guys do!
This doesn't fit Polrcub at all - but, in general, I tend to agree with you.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Dunesrunner08 said:
Women buy the Nox. Men buy the terrain. Lol
Correction: Women and men buy the nox. Men that want to ride in over-styled squares buy the terrain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i agree with RocketFoot me and my wife both drive the Nox and every time i want to do something to it i got to hide to change something or else she will bit** at me but when its done in secret she never notices the difference
i went to my buddy place to smoke the taillights and she came over to my buddy's later that night and the taillights wore in the kitchen drying and she never knew what they wore tell i told here what i have done and got bi*** at loll

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ralphalph said:
Correction: Women and men buy the nox. Men that want to ride in over-styled squares buy the terrain.
Amen! :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Terrain Gender Poll: Are you a man or woman?

Default User said:
Correction - women are attracted to men that own Terrains
And two thumbs up from me!

·
Registered
309 Posts
This poll needs an update.. The 2018 and up terrains are far more attractive to women than the 2017's and previous IMO.. My wife LOVES the look of our 19' Denali. She only cares about how a car looks

21 - 40 of 42 Posts