GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 Equinox LT1. I looked at the Terrain before getting the nox, and the GMC salesman showed me that the Terrain had a lower door seal that the nox's do not. This lower seal keeps dirt and water out around the door jam. Anyone know if I can add these seals to my Equinox?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I understand the problem correctly:

Yes. I talked to GM shortly after I bought mine in Feb 2010. They didn't have a fix at that time.

Just add a piece of stick on weather seal in front of the factory seal. Leave a little room so that any water that gets into that area can drain. Mine has been there for more than a year now and the problem is gone.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Can whoever owns both a Terrain and an Equinox take some photos to illustrate the differences ? This sounds interesting. I would have thought that they'd be the same.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Noxious said:
I just bought a 2010 Equinox LT1. I looked at the Terrain before getting the nox, and the GMC salesman showed me that the Terrain had a lower door seal that the nox's do not. This lower seal keeps dirt and water out around the door jam. Anyone know if I can add these seals to my Equinox?
I am not showing any information regarding the seal for your vehicle on gm accessories zone. I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information about the option of a aftermarket addition to the vehicle. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
On GMPartsDirect.com they show the exact same parts and prices for the weatherstrip on both the Terrain and the Equinox doors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This PM, I looked at a 2011 Terrain. There is no difference between my Equinox and the Terrain. The problem has not been corrected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts