GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digging this frille as opposed to OEM insert.

$165 on Ebay

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oooppss

·
Registered
111 Posts
That does look nice, too bad it's only an overlay. It's hard to tell by the pic though.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redlight_005 said:
That does look nice, too bad it's only an overlay. It's hard to tell by the pic though.
What is the issue with an overlay? Never had on before. Is that why its $165 vs $300+ for the othergrilles on ebay?

I don't have the chrome package so it beatsthe flat plastic

·
Registered
111 Posts
Overlay just goes over existing grille. And yes that would be the price difference, the more expensive ones (usually) are a replacement grille, not just one that goes over the existing grille.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been looking at this grille and been thinking about buying it. Probably in the summer. Defiantly a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nice clean lines...
:)

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was a solid overlay, yes.

However, this looks like it is just slats mounted on crossbars. That then would be mounted through the grill with bolts or somehting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
SnowItch said:
Ignorant question alert...

Would placing an overlay on the existing grill block any airflow needed by the engine?

What is the overlay made of?
Sure does, obviously not a significant amount, but you are still placing more restriction in front of your radiator.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That looks very nice...and unlike overlay grilles on other vehicles, you really can't see the original grille under the overlay. On the other hand, E&G makes a terrific wire mesh replacement grille that looks fabulous on the Terrain. Since I have an SLT-1 on order, which doesn't have the chrome package, I'll probably get the E&G stainless wire mesh to replace the factory grille.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had an E&G on a Caddy CTS and it mounted in just like the original...no extra holes at all. I'll find out about the Terrain, but I suspect it's the same mounts as the original.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my opinion, the full grilles on the Terrain look hideous. They have a 1 piece Billet and Denali style.

It does not do much for the front end. The 3 piece insert retains the style of the stock front end with a little different look.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SnowItch said:
Are you referring to the E&G grill replacements for the Terrain? I kind of like the replacements for the Nox.
No, the Terrain. The Nox has the crossbarr with the bowtie that breaks up the front.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
277 Posts
I ended up ordering the 3 Pc Billet grille T-Rex overlay as in beginning of the thread for my Terrain. I wanted the E&G wire mesh, but after getting the instructions, it's really an overlay, not a replacement grille, and you can see the original grille thru the wire mesh just too much for my tastes. Ordered today and this install should take all of 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Islander said:
I ended up ordering the 3 Pc Billet grille T-Rex overlay as in beginning of the thread for my Terrain. I wanted the E&G wire mesh, but after getting the instructions, it's really an overlay, not a replacement grille, and you can see the original grille thru the wire mesh just too much for my tastes. Ordered today and this install should take all of 10 minutes.
NIce. pOst pics and relay installation experience when you get it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts