GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't I see any Terrains on the road in the Chicago area? Aren't they being sold here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What I did, is go to various car sites (cars.com, edmunds.com, and drivechicago.com) and submit a request for quote from various dealers. I also found all the GMC dealers in the Chicago area and went to their sites on an almost daily basis. As soon as I saw a Terrain that I was interested in, I would email the dealer.

I ended up getting lucky. Found the model I wanted on a Saturday at Marqhardt in Barrington. Any luckily it was still there on Monday when I went back to buy it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
PCK, I asked the same thing a while back. To this day I have only seen 1 Terrain and it was in a parking lot. I have seem 1 Equinox on the road. I am in the western suburbs....Glen Ellyn area.

I think people think these cars are works of art and are very rare, so they are hoarding them in their garages.....or they don't want salt to get on them. ROTFLMAO

Bet you will see lots in the summer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A little FYI from what we hear from our rep is that GM's allocation is currently based off the amount of purchased mid-size/small CUV/SUV's at the import dealers in a given area. How they base this I will never know or even try and guess.

As far as availabilty in the Chicagoland area. We occasionally will get 1-3 dropped off, but they do not last long. The lower the MSRP the faster it sells. For instance, we have a Onyx SLT2 FWD sitting on the showroom floor that has been here for approx. 3 days. An entry level SLE dropped off the same time lasted 30 minutes from coming off the truck.

Good luck on your search. Just so you know used with up to 20k miles are selling for the same amount right now as brand new ones. We have one sitting outside and it is sickening to know what we paid for it, but had to to make sure we had one to show people.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Bought our SLT2 a month ago from dealer in western Chicago suburb. A demo with 2200 miles, dealer took $2000 off and gave us double Kelly Blue Book for our trade in......we bought it immediately. ;D
Has everything on it we wanted even the color.
Right place, right time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I first got my 2006 Dodge Charger, actually purchased in August 2005, I didn't see ANY chargers on the road for 6-8 months. It was GREAT. Everyone that saw my car commented because they had honestly never seen one before. This is what my car looked like back then.

You know, in the 5 weeks since I've ordered my Terrain, I've seen MAYBE 3 on the road. I'm hoping that by the time I get mine, they will still be pretty "new" to people who don't follow cars. I sort of like the attention that comes with buying a first-year car :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Dutch, I know what you mean.....nice car by the way. I'm really liking all these retro models coming back.

It was the same when I bought our Aztek....and we did get lots of comments too......mostly "What the Hell is That". ;D Most loved car we ever had......so far the Terrain is taking it's place.

I have seen quite a few Nox's, but still no Terrains. Maybe they'll be like Corvettes, you only see them out in nice summer weather. LOL

As a joke I purchased some of those painters "bootys" and tell people they have to put them on before getting in my Terrain. The look on their face is worth a million dollars. ;D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Well, I finally saw a black SLT2 on North Ave in Villa Park, Il. yesterday. Finally. Now I'll probably start seeing them every day. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts