GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever notice that some elec gadget is not working, it may be normal! Seems the SRX has a computer that prevents heavy load elec stuff from working sometimes, if it "thinks" the battery is slightly weakened. Happened to another owner and he discovered a little known tech feature that prevented his heated seats from working, on a Remote Start one day, because it was extremely cold/car not driven recently. Resumed working normally after a drive/charge to the battery.

I suspect this might occur with the A/C system this summer too, if battery is in a weakened state. But summer temps usually help rather than hinder a battery's state. I suggest having the battery "load tested" if it happens more than once, before condemning an elec item.

Amazing car........

MM

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
This thread outlines the same thing from a slightly different perspective...
"One man's trash is another man's treasure".

·
Registered
978 Posts
ChevyMgr said:
"One man's trash is another man's treasure".
;D ;D priceless ;D ;D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MOCHANOX said:
This thread outlines the same thing from a slightly different perspective...

and also has some technical data as well

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1792.0
Thx Mochanox for the heads-up. Seems the cars are thinking for us now. Wouldn't a "Low Battery" like all security systems, UPS computer back-up, and the common cell phone work? Better yet: a higher Cold Cranking Amp battery might be the solution. No?

MM

·
Registered
978 Posts
IMHO...

Yes to both of your statements...and after reading the other thread...at the first hint of trouble with the OEM battery, warranty or not I'll be "out of pocket" to buy a "better" one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 SRX. The remote start stopped working. A few weeks later the USB port (and aux input) stopped working. Three weeks later the unlock would not work. The car would not start. Put a voltmeter on the battery and read 3.6 volts. Charged it to 12.5 volts and then checked current drain with the voltmeter. I thought I would see 30 or 40 milliamps. Nope. Zero. Tried cranking. It would not crank and voltage dropped to about 4 volts. So I guess a cell opened. Put a new battery in and all the problems have disappeared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts