GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Terrain seems to not have as hot of air exiting the dash heat vents as it used to. It is warm, but not hot. I inserted a automotive thermometer (long stem) into the heat duct while it was idling fully warmed up and out side temp was about 35 degrees.

Reading was 110 degrees. That seems hot, but in reality it just feels warm, whereas it used to (seemingly) feel hot, almost so that you would pull your hand away.

Anybody know what the exit temp should be? Temp gage appears normal or maybe just a little to the cooler side, so thinking it might be the temp control device or maybe even the door that directs the air. If I cycle the temp control, I can hear and feel it cycling, but maybe not to the fullest extent.

Trying to get some feedback, so if/when I take to dealer, I will have a response to the "normal" diagnosis.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
I have sent you a PM. I was sure that some of the tech wizards on here would have or could get that info, but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terrain2011 said:
I have sent you a PM. I was sure that some of the tech wizards on here would have or could get that info, but any help would be appreciated.
Something must have stuck in the less than full hot position, as I am now getting 140 degree exit temperature, which I think is normal. Also the temp gage is running hotter, so would suspect thermostat. Will keep watch on it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hi ,

Could not see any "specs" on air temp @ vent. My 2011 'Nox , V-6 runs @ 140 deg @ air vent. Weather @ time of temp probe inserted: -35f :beer:

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
My center vent was at 135 degrees F with the blower on, and temp set to Hi.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
this isnt a nox-- but it is a 2010 Chevy Traverse.
Someone on the Acadia forum was also having what they think are low heat in the cabin- so yesterday I took these readings.
Outside temp was 55-60.

The highest I saw-
center vent (car parked for a few min no airflow from outside)

the side vent

and what appears to be more normal...after having traveled down the street with air from outside coming in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
'Auto' never turns off.

when it's cold outside I need a steady flow of warm air, not sometimes hot sometimes cool depending on what the sensor thinks.

this should be remedied.

·
Registered
194 Posts
maherj2 said:
'Auto' never turns off.

when it's cold outside I need a steady flow of warm air, not sometimes hot sometimes cool depending on what the sensor thinks.

this should be remedied.
My 2012 does the same thing. It's not consistent. In my 2010 I could set it on auto to 70 and never have to ess with it. Although sometimes in the summer it felt like hot air was coming from the floor vents. Now in my 2012 I ave set te temp to 75 and I also have more issues with fog build up on te windows when it rains.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2012 and have never had fog build up using auto exclusively. The one thing I don't like is I wish it used the "face/hand" vents when in heat mode. I like a little blowing on my hands and to warm the steering wheel up faster but it only blows out of the floor and the windshield vent for heat. Cooling it does the "face/hand" vents but not for heat.

·
Registered
472 Posts
maherj2 said:
'Auto' never turns off.

this should be remedied.
Yes it does but you have to turn it off and adjust the fan because the auto fan stays on after you turn off the "Auto" button to keep the air flowing at a steady stream. Turn up the heat and lower the fan. My Complaint is the vents suck compared to my HHR which had 360 rotation and 180 up and down. My Terrain vents have very little adjustability in comparison.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am having the exact same problem with my 2007. The heat is just putting out warm air not hot. What is the remedy for this?

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
several things come to mind.

low coolant level.
thermostant stuck open
bad actuators

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
yeah- the 3 above still stand.
check to make sure coolant is full. in radiator and reservoir.
Thermostat open-- means the engine is always being cooled--- though this will eventually set the P0128.

Bad actuator--- could have failed in such a way- that it left the door semi closed--- where very little hot air comes into the ducts...

also-- check the heater core--- could be clogged up--- no circulation to it.. or very little.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts