GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At night i noticed that the temperature control and air selector switch (defrost, floor etc) does not have lights behind it. Is this by design on a 2006 equinox? If not how do you replace the bulbs?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you. Please contact me with the last eight of your VIN and I will be able to do further research. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think this is by design. I just noticed that the temperature control knob (middle knob) in my 06 Equinox isn't backlit, but the other two are. I think mine just went out, so I am interested in the answer too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did either of you ever get an answer to this question, I have the same issue, my temp knob doesn't light up anymore and took the piece apart tonite and each knob has a little tiny knob, I'm pretty sure they can be pulled out with a tweezer or something but want to make sure they aren't saudered or anything before I try. Also wondering where I can find a replacement as soon as possible so i can put the truck back together cause with the center trim piece disconnected my turn signals don't work, oh but I'll just use hand signals, wait I can't put my windows down either ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts