GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wired my 2010 Terrain for towing. It was pretty straight forward with the Curt hitch and accompanying wiring kit. The only issue I had was removal of the tail light assemblies. The vehicle manual and the aftermarket harness manufacturer do not provide explicite instructions how to remove the tail light assemblies. The two fastners come off easy enough, but there is no indictaion that the assembly needs to come straight back. I darn near broke the two alignment pins off thinking it was supposed to hinge to the side. It worked out okay and maybe mine was more "friction" fit than most. I had to use some plastic wedges to drive between the lamp assemblies and the body. Fair warning for when the tail lights burn out, pull the assembly straight back to the rear.

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
cahill said:
Fair warning for when the tail lights burn out, pull the assembly straight back to the rear.
Thanks for the warning ! Possibly someone can document the procedure with pictures the next time they remove a taillight. I know that I tried to remove one, and gave up when I thought I was going to break something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i just changed both bulbs in mine because they went out. you can fit your hand behind the light if you stick you hand in at the top of the light where the black gasket is. One BIG pull and it pops out and good to go. I would rather it fit tight than be loose.

·
Registered
472 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts