GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting a seemingly unbreakable pop up (or screen takeover) from garbage 'your windows is broken click here' thing. Only seems to happen when logged on to this site. I have to close the tab as it wo't let me out any other way. I would suspect a legit as site has been hacked or just bad ad. Doubt you can do anything about it but if I remember I'll try and save a screen shot, just an annoyance as I know better then to make the call or click here whatever it says. Windows 10 firefox

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Pop ups like that- or the ones that say- Youre infected by X,Y,Z..... contact XXXXX to fix...

You should not click on any of that. Not even the little icon to close that pop up.
Its better to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE, select task manager, and KILL(end task) the browser session.

Be aware that sometimes- when you restart the browser, it will attempt to reopen the tabs/sites you were at.... as soon as the browser comes up- close the tabs that may come up.
Ill sometimes get such pop ups- but it depends on different sites. It appears its the advertisements.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I keep getting a seemingly unbreakable pop up (or screen takeover) from garbage 'your windows is broken click here' thing. Only seems to happen when logged on to this site. I have to close the tab as it wo't let me out any other way. I would suspect a legit as site has been hacked or just bad ad. Doubt you can do anything about it but if I remember I'll try and save a screen shot, just an annoyance as I know better then to make the call or click here whatever it says. Windows 10 firefox

I get the same thing every couple days.
It only happens on this site.
Windows 10 and Firefox.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I check in at least daily, have not seen this pop up.

Windows 10 and Firefox

I also use Malware Bytes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me its just the main forums page, not certain places (I don't think). Also 'seems' to be more prevalent when not logged in (not exclusively though).

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
No sign of this problem here. My problems (also pop-ups that take over the session, requiring re-start), have been with the Mobile Enhanced version running on an iPhone.

Additionally, also with Mobile Enhanced version, I've been seeing a sharp uptick in pages on this site crashing repeatedly with a message like "this webpage has encountered a problem and needs reloading". I can see it coming when tapping the phone does nothing (frozen), then about 5-7 seconds later, the page gets re-loaded. There have been times when this has logged me out, and other times where I lost my post (but a Draft is usually retrievable).

·
Administrator
255 Posts
For me its just the main forums page, not certain places (I don't think). Also 'seems' to be more prevalent when not logged in (not exclusively though).
Hello there,

The next time you encounter this, can you provide us with the following info?

- How are you accessing this site? Desktop View, Mobile View, or Enhanced Mobile View?
- What browser/device are you using?
- What operating system and version are you on?
- Full URL of the pop-up
- Screenshots of the pop-up

This will help the techs narrow down the issue.

Ed

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

https://qch slgop912.host/121221/2140/8rqn98/n7j4w1/2113 Bad URL (I added the two spaces after qch ) This is one example, another talks about windows being broken (basicly) I had wandered around the forum for a day not logged on, then logged on looked around and let it sit in tab. When I came back this is what was there. Windows 10 desktop firefox latest version

Attachments

·
Administrator
255 Posts

https://qch slgop912.host/121221/2140/8rqn98/n7j4w1/2113 Bad URL (I added the two spaces after qch ) This is one example, another talks about windows being broken (basicly) I had wandered around the forum for a day not logged on, then logged on looked around and let it sit in tab. When I came back this is what was there. Windows 10 desktop firefox latest version
Thank you so much for the info.

I have passed it along to the techs for blocking.
If you see any more, please link us here.

Ed

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There was a rash of that like 2 years ago. I had to install an ad-blocker just to open this forum, and other websites that got their ads from the same place. I'm on Chrome now, and oddly I haven't noticed this new wave of pop up attacks. You aren't the first person, if it makes you feel better. My mother-in-law was having a lot of issues, even with major websites like Kohls.com.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had another pop up, could not get screen print to work but have url (this one talked about virus and fix) short and full url

https://d2g y8fh91rrvbo.cloudfront.net/v9/message.html?trk=

https://d2g y8fh91rrvbo.cloudfront.net/v9/message.html?trk=pastion-taried.com&osv=Windows%2010&ip=32.217.12.63&cep=kJOIzbXBnEmWaxWbZuf_FvlCQ7Ep5uAM7YXu6mNHSqLukL0qd6in_vkGj_kqWj2KAGTA3tBeGlk9HYq9h02DG3I4xu7HXp2EQ2UJwi1d5iqIXD9dCmZ_6SlUGHUVdBZJxY-5E9BcBtWhi56ImMPbB1skr-o3KvKMZVP5Zb2gGUqPCXgjHRgSQS5o86HaYy3atDCyVAa64q3gZeWCgGpb9X7v7sYOiSSmaRJm5_c3UM49oqKAMrHTWPJIzUZaOkS0&zone=1806387-3979200730-0&country=US&time=1547564906&cid=15475649040551095359066144129672468

·
Administrator
255 Posts
Had another pop up, could not get screen print to work but have url (this one talked about virus and fix) short and full url

https://d2g y8fh91rrvbo.cloudfront.net/v9/message.html?trk=

https://d2g y8fh91rrvbo.cloudfront.net/v9/message.html?trk=pastion-taried.com&osv=Windows%2010&ip=32.217.12.63&cep=kJOIzbXBnEmWaxWbZuf_FvlCQ7Ep5uAM7YXu6mNHSqLukL0qd6in_vkGj_kqWj2KAGTA3tBeGlk9HYq9h02DG3I4xu7HXp2EQ2UJwi1d5iqIXD9dCmZ_6SlUGHUVdBZJxY-5E9BcBtWhi56ImMPbB1skr-o3KvKMZVP5Zb2gGUqPCXgjHRgSQS5o86HaYy3atDCyVAa64q3gZeWCgGpb9X7v7sYOiSSmaRJm5_c3UM49oqKAMrHTWPJIzUZaOkS0&zone=1806387-3979200730-0&country=US&time=1547564906&cid=15475649040551095359066144129672468

you're the first I've seen with this. It could be that your browser itself is infected by a bad cookie. have you tried cleaning the browser?

Lee

1 - 20 of 31 Posts