GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out what the major differences are from the 05-09 to the 10-17 Equinox models. Let's say I had a 08 Nox and I wanted to swap some parts to my new (to me) 15 Nox, would that be possible? Is anything swappable or will I have to find new springs to lower my new one? Which from reading around on here, are very difficult things to find.
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I'm trying to find out what the major differences are from the 05-09 to the 10-17 Equinox models. Let's say I had a 08 Nox and I wanted to swap some parts to my new (to me) 15 Nox, would that be possible? Is anything swappable or will I have to find new springs to lower my new one? Which from reading around on here, are very difficult things to find.
Any help is appreciated!
One thing you could do to get started is go to a website like gmpartsdirect.com.
You can get a diagram of the suspension parts with GM part number, price and different applications.

For example, my 2014 equinox could come with 3 different front struts and 2 different front springs depending on engine and trim level.
You then could type in the 2005 to 2009 model and compare part numbers.
Remember the 2008 to 2009 equinox has a sport model which has it's own engine, trans, and suspension.

Once you get the GM part numbers you want you can see what's available through GM or aftermarket.

Reactions: Crypt_Thief

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any help is appreciated!
I have a 2011 Equinox and I just lowered it. I used a spring kit from Meagan racing for a 02-07 Saturn Vue and I had to buy struts for the Saturn to make the front springs work. The Saturn struts fit with no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a 2011 Equinox and I just lowered it. I used a spring kit from Meagan racing for a 02-07 Saturn Vue and I had to buy struts for the Saturn to make the front springs work. The Saturn struts fit with no problem. View attachment 16808
That's quite a drop, and pretty much exactly what I'm looking for! Anything special done to the rear? Also, do you have some pictures of what you did for reference?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's quite a drop, and pretty much exactly what I'm looking for! Anything special done to the rear? Also, do you have some pictures of what you did for reference?
I do have some pictures but I will also be posting a video on YouTube after I have a chance to edit it. The only thing I did to the rear is removed the bump stops. I also ordered a pair of cam bolts for alignment purposes. I still need to have that done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have some pictures but I will also be posting a video on YouTube after I have a chance to edit it. The only thing I did to the rear is removed the bump stops. I also ordered a pair of cam bolts for alignment purposes. I still need to have that done.
Let me know when you post that video!

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Equinox and I just lowered it. I used a spring kit from Meagan racing for a 02-07 Saturn Vue and I had to buy struts for the Saturn to make the front springs work. The Saturn struts fit with no problem. View attachment 16808
That's a beautiful machine you got there. Any idea if your set up would for a 13 terrain? Did you ever get a chance to post that video?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts