GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,545 Posts
Never been much of a fan of the Gen-1 Terrain body style, but I did very nearly purchase a 2017 "leftover" Terrain which was black like this one. It happened to come with the "Nightfall" package, which blacked out all the chrome. I thought it looked the best it could possibly look that way ...because the chrome (to me, at least, on this particular body style) ... just did not look very attractive - especially on the back end.

But as far as this particular vehicle ... what have you changed on it ... because it looks very different from what I remember with the 2017. Has it been lowered? Are those different Headlights and Fenders? Is there a different Air Dam on the front? Why does the front-end look so large and flat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never been much of a fan of the Gen-1 Terrain body style, but I did very nearly purchase a 2017 "leftover" Terrain which was black like this one. It happened to come with the "Nightfall" package, which blacked out all the chrome. I thought it looked the best it could possibly look that way ...because the chrome (to me, at least, on this particular body style) ... just did not look very attractive - especially on the back end.

But as far as this particular vehicle ... what have you changed on it ... because it looks very different from what I remember with the 2017. Has it been lowered? Are those different Headlights and Fenders? Is there a different Air Dam on the front? Why does the front-end look so large and flat?
I lowered it on coilovers, removed the cover of the headlights and painted the inside of it, the fenders are normal and I added a front lip to give it a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I lowered it on coilovers, removed the cover of the headlights and painted the inside of it, the fenders are normal and I added a front lip to give it a more aggressive look.
Plasti-Dip front grill too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plasti-Dip front grill too?
Yeah. I forgot about that.
2618"]

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,545 Posts
@Dadof4'sblackoutterrian : Whoops! Something went wrong with that last reply. I didn't say "Plasti-Dip front grill, too?". You somehow mixed two quotes together. You can edit that by clicking on the three vertical dots at the far right corner of that Reply and choosing "Edit".

Don't forget to click the red "Save" button at the bottom ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts