GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was discussing the sunroof with someone today and I took a look at my option list and it reads "1st row express open/close sliding and tilting glass sunroof with sunshade." I am wondering what this "sunshade" is exactly? My old car came with one of those heinous plastic covers that went around the front of the sunroof, which I took off and it left gross lines on the top of my roof...so I am just hoping that the 'Nox's "sunshade" is not a big plastic cover-type thing. I don't remember seeing it on any of the ones I test drove, and it would seem silly to have something like that on an SUV since some people might want to haul things around up there and a shade of that fashion would most certaintly get in the way...but I just wanted to check!

Thanks for any answers you might have :).

·
Registered
332 Posts
I haven't really looked at them on the Nox but I'm guessing it's similar to what I have on my '00 Malibu. That is a sliding manual cover that is covered in the same material as the headliner. When it's closed it looks just like the roof with a shallow depression. When it's open it's slid out of the way inside the roof to expose the glass. You open/close the glass roof with the switch.

Mine is tilt the first time you press it and then hold it to slide as far as you want it. Then press and hold to close.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes, this cover is on the inside. When the sunroof is in the open position (sliding) a little air deflector pops up. What you are thinking is a 'sunshade' is an 'external' air deflector.

And 2010 Nox, they have two separate buttons now - one for tilt, the other for slide. Both are 'express' so you only have to touch either one once. You don't have to hold the button for the glass to open up.

Some people gripe that the glass portion does not open wide enough. In full slide mode, there is still a few inches of 'sunroof' showing on the interior.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Photo by Chevrolet.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohhhh ok, thanks everyone! I guess I figured that the interior shade that matches the roof was standard/common sense and therefore wouldn't be something that is listed...Thanks for the clarification!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
FedorekC said:
Ohhhh ok, thanks everyone! I guess I figured that the interior shade that matches the roof was standard/common sense and therefore wouldn't be something that is listed...Thanks for the clarification!!
Some sunroofs have no sun-shade, but it is becoming increasingly rare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To TheCrow1994. Is that picture with the sunroof all the way open? I ordered an LTZ with a sunroof as well, but from the picture it looks as if the sunroof only opens about half way... Is this the case? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well I'm not TheCrow, but I can tell you that if you look at the picture above and imagine the sunshade pushed back so that the 'finger hole' is almost at the headliner, the sunroof will be about an inch forward of the sunshade in full-open (if I recall correctly... an open sunroof is not something I can enjoy all year round).

It's not a huge sunroof.

·
Registered
748 Posts
IMO, When my sunroof is completely open it gives me plenty of space. I think that when it is open it gives the same amount of "open space" as a standard sunroof. But that's just me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
DTunnell said:
To TheCrow1994. Is that picture with the sunroof all the way open? I ordered an LTZ with a sunroof as well, but from the picture it looks as if the sunroof only opens about half way... Is this the case? Thanks in advance.
Terrain pretty much summed it up quite well. The sunroof opens almost all the way, save for the sunshade which Terrain explained. The sunroof does feature an "express close" and "express open" feature. So you just press and release the button and the sunroof will open or close all the way without you providing any further assistance. It has an anti-pinch feature, too. Also, you can "vent" with the sunroof, which let's air into the cabin without actually opening up the sunroof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts