GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue started last night, my sunroof was open completely and I tried to close it... It would slide closed but wouldn't raise to go flush with the roof leaving a small gap. Had to open and close it a couple times before finally it closed completely.

Anyone else have this issue? Made an appointment for next week at my dealership. Just sucks because the weather is finally nice where I leave and I can't even use it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That sucks. I open my sunroof nearly every day for 1/2 the year. Haven't had any trouble with it. Let us know what the dealership does to fix it. (If they can replicate the issue.)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Probably needs grease. You don't say how old your car is, but my last car needed cleaned and greased every other year. I also narrowed some of my sticking issues to the rubber trim edge of the glass. It had a pretty good build up of automatic car wash wax or some other substance. I scrubbed all the rubber moldings and sprayed/wiped them down with silicon spray. That made a tremendous improvement on the final closing of the window.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm good info, I've only had the car for 6 months and I bought it new so that's why I thought it was weird I'm already having issues with it.
It's probably an easy fix I'll take it to the dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
The tracking is either dirty or dry, it will break eventually. Mine did, it had debris from when open and stuff (leaves, small twigs, paper . . .) flying across while open. Plus you need to grease the tracks

Parts are impossible to find, I cant find any for my '10

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to calibrate mine earlier this week. I opened the vent. Once the vent was opened, I held down the vent button for around 20 seconds. The sunroof motor made a noise, the vent adjusted slightly, and I've had no problems since. I did it to resolve some opening and closing issues I was having and to eliminate the wind noise from when it was shut on the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to calibrate mine earlier this week. I opened the vent. Once the vent was opened, I held down the vent button for around 20 seconds. The sunroof motor made a noise, the vent adjusted slightly, and I've had no problems since. I did it to resolve some opening and closing issues I was having and to eliminate the wind noise from when it was shut on the highway.
Thank you so much. I read your quote about holding button down for 20 seconds and I was able to slide my sunroof close. It was stuck open and wouldn't respond when I pushed the close button. Huge help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts