GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the gapping hole between the headliner and the sunroof? You can see the gap when the sunroof is open. This is an extremely poor design and really unacceptable. We talked to service and the manager he is checking to see if there are any technical reports on the subject.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
mcdonald42 said:
Has anyone noticed the gapping hole between the headliner and the sunroof? You can see the gap when the sunroof is open. This is an extremely poor design and really unacceptable. We talked to service and the manager he is checking to see if there are any technical reports on the subject.
I've learned never get a sunroof...Nothing but issues in every car I have owned with it.....It was hard finding my Nox w/o sunroof in FL with all the other options I wanted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
grometsc said:
I've learned never get a sunroof...Nothing but issues in every car I have owned with it.....It was hard finding my Nox w/o sunroof in FL with all the other options I wanted
So Florida has all the sunroofs! Lol I tried hard to find an SLE-2 with a sunroof here in Phoenix, AZ but it just doesn't exist out here. In the end I had to go without one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,410 Posts
grometsc said:
I've learned never get a sunroof...Nothing but issues in every car I have owned with it.....It was hard finding my Nox w/o sunroof in FL with all the other options I wanted
I've had sunroofs for 20 years in 4 different cars without a single problem. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Sunroofs:
1990 Sunbird
1999 Alero
2001 Grand Prix
2004 Vibe
2005 Impala
2008 Aura
2011 Regal

Never had a problem with any of these (these are all my wife's vehicles - my first sunroof is the Terrain)

Can't say as much about the t-tops in the 442 - leaked from day one, dealer wouldn't touch - finally fixed myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
RIT333 said:
I've had sunroofs for 20 years in 4 different cars without a single problem. :thumb:
I'm picky though....


And being I know a few service managers........Dealers do more warranty work on a sunroof than any other part of the car...especially on the low end side of cars like we have
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,410 Posts
grometsc said:
I'm picky though....


And being I know a few service managers........Dealers do more warranty work on a sunroof than any other part of the car...especially on the low end side of cars like we have
I'll bet not as picky as I am. For example, why are you using a different number of "periods/dots" each time you type them ? LOL

Sunroofs need the tracks cleaned and lubricated on occasion, and many people fail to do that maintenance. That is what causes many of the problems. Also, letting leaves and debris get into the drain hoses is not good. Sure, they need a bit more maintenancethan a solid roof, but a little TLC and they will easily last the life of the car. Mine do, anyways.

Also, I do not consider a 30K+ vehicle to be on the low end side, but that is just me. I guess I am not a high roller. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
grometsc said:
... Is called an ellipse
An ellipse is a round shape with two foci, such as an orbit of a planet. Three dots to signify pause or omission of words is Ellipsis. ;D

I LOVE my sunroof. It was the one option I could not go without. They are relatively rare I think because they are not standard on any model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
GMJay said:
I LOVE my sunroof. It was the one option I could not go without. They are relatively rare I think because they are not standard on any model.
I believe rarity of sunroofs would apply to the Equinox. I remember reading an article last summer that production in the Ingersoll, ON plant was to increase by some 300 units per day in order to keep up with demand. And none of these bodies were to have sunroofs because of the complexity of build.
 
Joined
·
24 Posts
mcdonald42,

Please keep us posted on any information from the service manager.

Thank you,
Caron, GM Customer Service

mcdonald42 said:
Has anyone noticed the gapping hole between the headliner and the sunroof? You can see the gap when the sunroof is open. This is an extremely poor design and really unacceptable. We talked to service and the manager he is checking to see if there are any technical reports on the subject.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
mcdonald42 said:
Has anyone noticed the gapping hole between the headliner and the sunroof? You can see the gap when the sunroof is open. This is an extremely poor design and really unacceptable. We talked to service and the manager he is checking to see if there are any technical reports on the subject.
Weird I never observed that...
Even don't know whether there is a gap formaing between headliner and the sunroof!!!
Know have to check this first..

wood grain ceiling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
EGF3 said:
I've had a roof on my last three Chevy's without any issue.
The sunroof's are the ONLY thing I have HAVE NOT had issues with on any of my cars. Maybe people are unfamiliar with them and that is what is causing the issues? I never really knew there was maintenance to be done on them either and all of mine have worked for as long as I had the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
there is a thread somewhere in here about headliners drooping, do a search and you should be able to find it
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top