GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
franmorr1966 said:
I did it!

And I'd like to know what that piece of something..wood is it...that's jammed in the sunroof. I didn't see it taking the picture and I'm noticing it now that I enlarged the photo.
I am guessing that it a shim that was used during the installation. I would remove it as it is now unnecessary and you don't need it rattling around.

franmorr1966 said:
Thanks for taking the time to explain, Mocha. I'm sure RIT will point out definitively that I do not have a "factory" sunroof. I'm still going to investigate if there's a way to undo the auto shut feature.

:)

Fran
If you have an ASC Sunroof, with 3 buttons on the control, then pressing the bottom button (labeled ASC) will change the color of that button, and also enable/disable the auto-close feature. Didn't they give you an operator's manual with the Sunroof ? BTW, the best place to but parts for it is The Sunroof Doctor (on the Web)- he is very knowledgable. It is a well-built sunroof - enjoy !

Wow - they have an option where you can have a sensor that will allow you to leave the sunroof open, and leave the car, and then if it detects rain, it will automatically close the roof. Are you listening GM ? Why not controll the roof, and all of the windows with that ?

RIT333 said:
Wow - they have an option where you can have a sensor that will allow you to leave the sunroof open, and leave the car, and then if it detects rain, it will automatically close the roof. Are you listening GM ? Why not controll the roof, and all of the windows with that ?
Agree...however they already use the technology for rain sensing wipers (auto on when wet)...

I fear that one reason for not using it for windows is the liability if someone's pet were left in a car and bacame caught in a closing window...or something similar.

Your point however has lots of merit and I agree with you

Discussion starter · #27 ·
RIT333 said:
If you have an ASC Sunroof, with 3 buttons on the control, then pressing the bottom button (labeled ASC) will change the color of that button, and also enable/disable the auto-close feature. Didn't they give you an operator's manual with the Sunroof ? BTW, the best place to but parts for it is The Sunroof Doctor (on the Web)- he is very knowledgable. It is a well-built sunroof - enjoy !
Thank you. None of the operating buttons light up. Still investigating...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.